A true Texas story
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
Retired From Atlas Powder And Could Believe This Story And Tell You Some More To Go With It.Fishing With Dynamite Can Be Fun Also.

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's what my brother and I used on our mining claims. Little red syringe looking squeeze bottle, and that silver mylar wrapper.

May, we made some big craters...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Years ago on a job site we had a super that was so mean he beat his grandkids.Nobody liked him. One day he's in the port a can + the powder monkey sets off a stick under it that sends it end over end down the hill. Directly he comes staggering out covered in shit + that nasty blue stuff with his breeches around his ankles just weaving back + forth. The the powder monkey shouts out "You'd better run,there's another stick!" Now that was funny.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas, dynamite and a septic tank. What could possibly go wrong?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A true story here. I live out in the country. Several years ago I was walking out to my shop when the whole world exploded,the ground shook + all my chickens squalked + laid an egg simultaniously. Found out afterwards what had happened. Seems one of the near by 'neighbors'(local white trash) had stolen a case of dynamite from the local quarry,but before he could go fishing he ended up in Huntsville for something else. Well,he had gone onto another mans property + stashed the case under a cedar tree.One day the land owner was out walking + saw this decomposing box of sticks so he calls the S.O. They come + see it,(wisely won't touch it) + call the bomb squad,they look at it;it is sweating nicely by now + decide to sand bag it + blow it right there.They did + for a moment I thought my loading room had gone up.It was just damned lucky that some kid did'nt find that box.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
Back In The 1970's There Came a Call In That a Gallon Jar Of Nitroglycerin Had Been Found In a Basement Of a Apartment Complex!! This Caused Great Concern And Panic. Locals Bowed Out And Called The Feds. Half a Day Later With All Of The Downtown Area Blocked Off..The Feds Roll In ,All Serious Looking. Go Down In Basement And Come Out Cussing.Seems That When They Picked Up The Jug The Guy Doing It Slipped And Dropped It.I Know That All Present Died a Little Bit,But It Gets Better. It Seems That The Smell Was Overpowering. Turns Out That The Old Man That Was Caretaker Had a Grudge About Getting Let Go. Soooo He Whizzed In That Jug And Put The Nitro Label On It For Revenge!! Dont Mess With Old Men.hehehe

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin