Find
Notify
Tools

Parkinsons Disease
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
An old man and an old woman sit in the park everyday.They're too old to have sex, so she just holds his junk for an hour or so...This happens every day,till one day he's not there. She goes to look for him, and there he is, on another bench, with another old woman holding his junk . She gets very jealous and asks,"What the hell's she got that I haven't?" He replies," Parkinsons Disease"

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope no one in your family ever contracts Parkinsons. You will not think it quite so humorous starting on that day...

based on your tagline, your penis must be about minus six inches

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jokes are jokes, and the contrast between the gravity of a situation an the humor drawn from it is what makes them funny.

Laughing about grave matters is what humans do, and there is no point getting upset about it just because in one instance, the topic is about something that actually affected you.

What about blonde jokes if you have a blonde sister? Or Irish jokes if your name is O'Sullivan? Or midget jokes? Or air crash jokes? Or AIDS jokes?

People in my family died with Parkinson, but this joke is still nothing more than a joke and I can grin at the punchline.

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Get a life moron. If you can't learn to find humor in your life, even in things that are tragic you'll continue to be the miserable complainer you've been as long as you've been on this site. By the way I thought you were coming out to kick my ass after your last tantrum.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well we know which AR member has NO sense of animal humor

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lost my Dad to Parkinson's a couple yrs ago and I dont find that joke offensive--

Is it funny--no, but its not offensive either.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lighten up. It was funny.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a grandfather and an uncle with it, so it runs in the family, and I had to chuckle at the joke.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I used to visit another site quite a bit that had an elderly gentleman that went by Max on the site. He was an amazing man. All the sudden Max quit posting. He had suffered a stroke. He was well loved by the members and some got in contact with his family and we learned of the stroke. The news wasn't good. Sometime later Max felt well enough to visit the boys of his circle of internet friends. But there was a twist, he felt he needed to change his "handle". After that Max visited with us as "half max". As most of you know a stroke often takes a hard toll on one side of the body. He had suffered greatly but humor is great medication. there are times when joking is not appropriate on things like Parkinson's, ethnicity, weight, height et al but this wasn't one of those times. This joke was about old people and sex. Rich just felt he needed to crawl out from under his rock and take a shot at me. It wouldn't have mattered if the joke included Parkinsons or any other medical condition. It's just speaks of his mentality. I should have taken the high road and just ignored him as I usually do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't always agree with Rich, but he strikes me as an OK guy. Maybe a little off on this one. A good friend of mine says, "If I insisted that all of my frineds be perfect, I'd have damned few friends." It wouldn't hurt if we all cut a little slack.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cross,
with your Alzheimer's. I'm not surprised,
I'm surprised you remember anything about the dear gentleman Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hooker

I dont have Alzheimers--I have sometimers--

Some times I give a shit and sometimes I dont--

flame

rotflmo wave

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To solve this moral dilema I think the old timer should just start getting blow jobs from a girl that stutters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2 tu2
Sid- you obviously have a great mind

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you never did get around to sending me your address or a phone number.

A PM will work if you choose...

I have this elderly (89 yr old) gentleman who survived the Bataan Death March at my church with Parkinsons. It has been very sad the past several years to see him deteriorate. I can get his phone number if one of you humorists wants to call him to share the joke.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
What church do you attend? I'm sure I can come up with a good joke.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Methodist.

I got a couple good ones about some of your family members if you want to swap them here in the forum...

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Give it a whirl. Sorry no Methodist jokes, they are a humorless bunch.

Tough choice

what is better to have Alzheimer's or parkinson's?
parkinson's of course, better to only spill half your beer than forget where you put it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I hope no one in your family ever contracts Parkinsons. You will not think it quite so humorous starting on that day...

based on your tagline, your penis must be about minus six inches

Absolutely amazing......to come on a humor forum and then spout about the topic of the jokes.

There are a handful of folk on AR that I'm guessing it would be difficult to spend an hour with.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One can only hope that someday we will get to Email the lady who changes your diapers at the nursing home this thread so she can read them to you in front of your family. That is assuming they will come to visit you.

You are free here to make these jokes, because you do not have to answer to anybody as you would in person. It's more a case of cowardice.

Go to a local nursing home and tell them, that's the audience you need to entertain.

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
troll!!! or what hilbily animal bewildered cuckoo cuckoo come on a humor thread and then bitch about the jokes sounds an awful lot like a democrat or PMS jumping cuckoo animal animal
I could not help it I unblocked him for a min just to see what drivel he was spuuuing now CRYBABYme a river

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
"Total absence of humor renders life impossible" Colette

It must be tough being you Rich. I've seen you self-implode enough times to feel sorry for you, not relish the moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My, my, so self righteous, Rich. It must be very hard being you. The frustration of setting such high, moral standards and falling short all of the time. You might want to study Desiderada. (be sure and tell me if I mis-spelled it)
Personally, I have so many short-comings that if I took exception everytime one was mentioned, I'd walk around all curdled-up all of the time.......like you.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
old old old

animal animal animal animal

popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is better to have Alzheimer's or parkinson's?
parkinson's of course, better to only spill half your beer than forget where you put it

THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before our dad died with Parkinson I told the above joke to my siblings and we all laughed till we cried. We knew dad would have too if he could have understood it.
There are enough mud holes between here and the graveyard to get bent out of shape over a joke.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This morning I saw a vietnam vet, 101'st airborne, at the store where he gets his coffee. He has parkinsons, and I told him the joke. He laughed and laughed at it. I asked if it was offensive, he said"no, but it was funny as hell!"