Find
Notify
Tools

Peaceful Mayberry
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Peaceful Mayberry

You’re all old enough to remember the Andy Griffith Show. Here’s the “rest of the story.”

It just dawned on me why Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet. Nobody was married!

Here are the single people that come to mind: Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Ernest T. Bass, the Darlin' family, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara.

In fact, the only one married was Otis and he was drunk all of the time!!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
y'think it was some sort of commune...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone on that show must have been gay. They need to make a spin-off and tell it like it is.

Posts: 13870 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ever since Jim Nabors came out of the closet + admitted he was queer,I lost any value of his Gospel Songs album. And yes,I said queer. Gay means happy,let us not let the P.C. police to continue to change the language.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote