THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Some questions from the jury
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some questions from the jury
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
(I found this joke on a Scots website. As a retired lawyer, it got me thinking that there are not too many jury trials of our "moonshiners" here in the US. Gee! I wonder why?)

A Scot is being prosecuted by the Crown for operating an illegal still. The trial has been completed and all that remains is for the judge to instruct the jury on the law they are to apply in their deliberations. ( the "charge")

The judge asks if the jurors have any questions before he gives the charge. One juror speaks up:

"I would like to know if the defendant boils the malt for one hour or is it for two hours? Does he cool it quickly? My last question, Your Honor, is -at what point does he add the yeast?"

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerrys375:
(I found this joke on a Scots website. As a retired lawyer, it got me thinking that there are not too many jury trials of our "moonshiners" here in the US. Gee! I wonder why?)

Because the modern day "moonshiners" grow marijuana and operate meth labs Wink

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ohiosam:
Because the modern day "moonshiners" grow marijuana and operate meth labs Wink

Until they blow themselves up anyway....

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Around here, I believe you're able to operate your own "hobby distillery" for private consumption, so long as you:

1) Do not produce more than 5 gallons per year

2) Do not sell anything you produce. Personal consumption only.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben589:
Around here, I believe you're able to operate your own "hobby distillery" for private consumption, so long as you:

1) Do not produce more than 5 gallons per year

2) Do not sell anything you produce. Personal consumption only.

South Alabama? That's practically a requirement for residency, isn't it? Wink

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote