Find
Notify
Tools

Three Pints of Guinness
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
An Irishman walks into a pub on a Saturday night.

The bartender asks him, "What'll you have?"

The man replies, "Three pints of Guinness, please."

So, the bartender brings him three pints, and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other and then the third, until they're all gone.

He then pays and leaves.

Then next Saturday comes around. The Irishman enters the pub, and orders three more pints of Guinness.

Again he sips them alternately, until all are drained.

And again he pays and leaves.

The Irishman does this week after week.

Finally, after a few months, the bartender says to him, "Sir, I don't understand this. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on one at a time, and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."

The Irishman replies, "No thanks, mate. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd raise a pint of stout together. So, right now, my brothers have three Guinness stouts, too, and we're drinking them all together."

The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition, and says to the Irishman, "Well, now, isn't that a fine thing to do!"

Then, one week, a few months later, the Irishman came in and ordered only two Guinness stouts.

He drank them both, and then rose to leave.

The bartender looked at him woefully, and sadly said, "I know your tradition lad, and I'd just like to say to you, that I'm terribly sorry that one of your brothers has died."

The Irishman replied, "Oh, no, not at all. Me brothers are fine - I just decided to quit drinking."

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
WinkSound Irish logic.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yip, I never drink alone, and only drink on days of the week that start with a t.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only drink on days that end in "Y"...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote