Tools

Technology age
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It’s getting pretty close to this…

« Hello! Gordon's pizza?

« No sir, this is GOOGLE's pizza.

« Sorry, I must have dialed a wrong number?

« No sir, GOOGLE bought out Gordon's Pizza a short while ago.

« OK. Take my order please.

« OK sir, would you like your usual?

« The usual? You know me?

« According to our Caller-ID database, your last 12 orders were for pizza with cheese and sausage toppings, thick crust and crisp.

« OK! That's it.

« May I suggest this time you add ricotta, arugula with dry tomato toppings?

« What? I hate vegetables.

« Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

« How do you know that?

« We cross-matched your phone number with your name and your online medical portal.

« We have the result of your blood tests for the past 7 years.

« Okay, but I do not want those toppings, I already take medicine.

« Excuse me, but you have not taken your medicine regularly.

« We can see from our database, 4 months ago, you only purchased a box with 30 cholesterol tablets at CVS.

« I bought more from another pharmacy.

« Such a transaction is not showing in your credit card account.

« I paid in cash.

« But you did not withdraw that much cash according to your recent bank statement.

« I have another source of cash.

« That is not showing as per you latest tax return unless you obtained it from an undeclared income source.

« WHAT THE HELL?

« I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the intention of helping you.

« Enough! I'm sick of GOOGLE, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp. I'm going to an Island without Internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service, and no one to spy on me.

« I understand sir but you'll need to renew your passport first as it expired 6 weeks ago!

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
sad but true..... case in point.... got an email notification from capital one.. credit card....on the way home from Ft worth last sunday night, I stopped and had dinner.... I put a 6$ tip on a 15$ meal... I sat in the bar area of a local resteraunt... I know the bartender... great food, exceptional service...apparently cap 1 was concerned about my 6$ tip on a 15$ meal...they though it was fraud...after about 20 minutes on the phone, I hope it doesn't happen again...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
shocker 1984

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About a month ago I ordered another nucleus of bees from an outfit just south of me. My Cabelas card rejected the order because the sale showed coming out of Belfast,Ireland.Finally got it worked out as the bee people use esta to place their sales.Bad part is that I was charged an intercontinental fee for business outside the U.S. while in reality the folks I was buying from were not 50 miles away.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin