Tools

THE COYOTE PRINCIPLE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
THE COYOTE PRINCIPLE

California

The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, killing it, then bites the Governor.

The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then
realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the state $200
testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200
testing it for diseases.

The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the
coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.

The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000
survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.

The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program"
for residents of the area.

The State Legislature spends $2million to study how to better treat rabies and how to
permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world

The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack The state spends $150,000
to hire and train a new agent with additional special training on the nature of coyotes.

PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.

Texas

The Governor of Texas is in his wheelchair with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.

The Governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps rolling on.
The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

The buzzards eat the dead coyote.

And that my friends is why California is broke and Texas is not.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That shooting in Texas must have been sometime back, even the state can't buy .45 acp HP ammo for .50 per round.

Grumpy old man with a gun,,,,Do not touch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's just awesome, richj, and not far from the truth.

Attention: California "values" coming to an area near you soon! Load up boys!

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich

You are closer to the truth than you probably realize. Our previous governor, Rick Perry I believe; was jogging in Austin. A coyote menacingly approached and the governor shot it with his legally carried handgun. If memory serves me correct it was Bond Arms derringer. Cost to the state - zero.

Posts: 157 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I check it was Rick Perry, he was jogging with a dog, and the pistol was a laser sighted Ruger.

Posts: 157 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, on an occasional Sunday, I walk the trails along town lake as well. Just like my old backpacking days of the 70s,when I carried my 44 spl. Bulldog, the same thing applies, You don't need a gun until you need it REALLY bad.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't need a gun until you need it REALLY bad.

There are many willing to play the odds.

There are many who think it is a good idea but are afraid that some might not like it so they don't.

There are some who find that they don't want to and decide they have make sure other don't either.

So they don't feel bad about not doing it themselves.

Posts: 19357 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P-dog, that is an old + ongoing bone of contention; + I truly believe that we will never see a meeting of the minds compromise with the hoplophobes, so I have given up even trying, after all, when you argue with an idiot, who is really the idiot?

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aside from the humor, you cannot believe the amount of time and posts wasted on Nextdoor Lamplight here in Las Vegas that is about coyote sightings in neighborhoods. The masses here are living in absolute fear about seeing one, and when they do the warning goes out to keep all humans and animals indoors for hours. Damn, it is so freaking ridiculous and funny! I've had them in my backyard, front yard, had them walking down the streets night and day and never given it a second thought. The hue and cry constantly goes up to call metro and the Nevada Department of Wildlife-neither of which will do a damn thing, except tell people to be careful. We had a cougar in my son's neighborhood a couple of months ago and NDOW did come and trap that cat and then instead of relocating it, euthanized it claiming that it had become too acclimatized to being around humans. It had killed a number of cats and dogs, eating one on the front porch of my son's neighbor. As to coyotes, there's over 6,000 of them just in Chicago alone. Every major and minor city has them. Hawaii is the exception. Big Grin Now, back to humor. . . . .

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aside from the humor, you cannot believe the amount of time and posts wasted on Nextdoor Lamplight here in Las Vegas that is about coyote sightings in neighborhoods.

Sounds like a target rich environment.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZekeShikar:
That's just awesome, richj, and not far from the truth.

Attention: California "values" coming to an area near you soon! Load up boys!

Zeke

Sigh...City of Riverside had complaints about coyotes a few years ago and quietly hired an old hand to clean them out of a 1100 acre municipal wilderness park. The next year we had a plague of rabbits, ate everything with a leaf on it. We don't see coyotes as much as in past years now. I'd rather they kept the gophers in line, myself.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14368 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite true, P-dog, but unfortunately, even when providing a public service, one would still get fined, at least, for discharging a firearm in city limits. A sound policy in many respects, (sad to say) as a LOT of folks out there have no business shooting.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Sis lives in Vegas, last house on the street in a semi-development (no gate).

A cinderblock wall with a runoff grate separates the street from the Wash. They see a lot of animals (no cats allowed outside)

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like a target rich environment.

tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Quite true, P-dog, but unfortunately, even when providing a public service, one would still get fined, at least, for discharging a firearm in city limits. A sound policy in many respects, (sad to say) as a LOT of folks out there have no business shooting.

One needs a active imagination.

People break laws all the time and never get caught. While not even trying to be sneaky.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's true, + along with the old adage that most folks disregard one shot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
That's true, + along with the old adage that most folks disregard one shot.

Done properly no one well hear it.

Think of the DC/beltway shooters and they were shooting people. How many man hours went into finding those two.

Not coyotes.