New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't Mess With Seniors
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A married couple was traveling in Canada by car from Victoria to Prince George. They were seniors and after almost eleven hours on the road they were too tired to continue. They decided to stop at a hotel for a few hours rest. They planned to sleep for four hours then continue.

At checkout the desk clerk gave them a bill for $350. The man exploded and demanded to know why it was so much. He told the clerk that it was indeed a nice hotel but the room certainly was not worth $350 for four hours.

The clerk replied that $350 was the standard rate. The old man then insisted on seeing the manager.

The manager listened to the man and then started explaining the benefits of the hotel. He said there was an Olympic size swimming pool, and a huge conference center was available for their use.

The husband replied, “We did not use the pool or the conference center.”

“Well, those are here and you could have used them.” He then went on to explain they could have gone to one of the Las Vegas style shows for which the hotel was famous. “We have the best entertainers from New York, Hollywood, and Las Vegas, who perform here every day.”

“We did not go to any of those shows,” the husband replied.

“But they are here and you could have gone to them,” the manager told him.

No matter which amenity the manager mentioned, the husband replied they had not used it. The manager was unmoved. Eventually the husband gave up and told his wife to write a check. She did and gave it to the manager.

The manager was surprised when he looked at the check and said, “Ma’am, this check is only for $50.00 and the room rate is $350.”

The woman replied, “That’s correct. I charged you $350 for sleeping with me.”

“But I didn’t sleep with you,” the manager loudly exclaimed.

“I know,” she replied, “and that’s too bad, because I was here and you could have.”

Posts: 13873 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Like the old one about the cowboy that rides into town after a day of fencing + the sheriff arrests him because he had a pair of fence plyers on him. He charged him with fence cutting, trespassing,+ rustling of cattle. The cowboy says I didn't do any of those things + the cop said, well you had the equipment for it. So the cowboy says "Well you'd better charge me with rape too."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha Ha!

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2