Notify
Tools

my new bathroom
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted

RIGHT TAP : WHITE WINE (Riesling°
LEFT TAP : RED WINE (Puligny-Montrachet)

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Would'nt that fauset be more appropriate in the livingroom?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the porcelain is a lot closer...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I 've been not far from Saverne this year, in Wissenbourge. Really good wines, especially red.
In a gates on Winestrasse there is a graffity from some Texas guy, dated by March 1945.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Hi Vashper

I regret, I'd have been very pleased to meet You so as you explain me your humor. As Americans I struggle to follow You.
It's all about You. I have been raised by a foster father from Russian descent, and we shared the same humour?
I agree that vino is not bad here.
Good Luck

Dobri vietcher)

J B de Runz

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As Americans I struggle to follow You.

Yet hardly "as Americans", rather - a little bit different.
Well, what can I do? I'll hardly improve my English (you can not teach an old monkey for new tricks). Of course, I could write after each joke explanation, what is ridiculous in it, in my opinion - but I'm afraid it will be counter-productive.
A sense of humor is in all cultures, although the differences are large. Familiar Japanese explained to me that they have not the jokes (in our sense), their jokes are based on wordplay. But their videojokes are sometimes great, though, by our standards, sometimes cruel.
However, most of the stories - international. I once read a humorous parallel resource - "bash" - it is in a different language. So many jokes have appeared simultaneously in Russian, Polish and English and so on. Someone translates. So in humor there is something in common.
So most likely reason is not in the fault of culture, it is in my sense of humor - but there's hardly anything we can do Smiler

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Dear Vashper

First, no reproach from me.
Second, I wish to master English as You do.
I agree with You that humour could be different depending on the country. All considered, Asians are ina different league. You're an European as Americans, and ...........Europeans,so we share almost the same humour. You're right that should any good story hatchs, in a couple of days or weeks, this story is spredading in any country.*Simply Your sense of humour is unique.

I am suspecting that you dont' find at ease, but I can reassure You. We are avid of reading your posts, wondering what new brew you bring . Some are funny ..period. Some are felt dumb and it gives us a good laugh from incomprehension. Some are weird but amazing. The difference between amused and amazed is thin.
All in all your posts are very attractive, and if some have questions, in their hearts, they feel "damn ole boy Vashper, lucky bastard, ever happy with just anything "
In my opinion , You're a star on this forum.
Keep on this way
Spakoy Nocce

J B de Runz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, les Français chevalerie Smiler

Bonne nuit.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbderunz:
We are avid of reading your posts, wondering what new brew you bring . Some are funny ..period. Some are felt dumb and it gives us a good laugh from incomprehension. Some are weird but amazing.

In my opinion , You're a star on this forum.
Keep on this way

Well said(somewhat!).

I agree 100%. Vashper is the star of this forum.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
and the bidet?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I had a French girlfriend in the early 70's that seemed to get what had alluded me forever. Western humor (maybe all,I don't know) is derived from the pain + suffering of another.As Mel Brooks said,the difference between comedy + tragedy is that comedy is when YOU fall down an open manhole. Tragedy is when I hit my thumb with a hammer.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote