New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Rumor About Hillary ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was doing my usual thing ,tooling down I-55 with a load of auto parts headed for a plant in Wilson Arkansas and I hear this trucker come on the CB and holler ,

"Hey ,did anyone hear something on the noon news about an assassin shooting Hillary Clinton and causing her to drop out of the Presidential race?"

After a few moments of dead silence on the channel,another driver,says

"No,I haven't heard anything"...

Then the other driver sighs and says,

"Well,maybe tomorrow...." mgun cheers

Walk Softly And Carry A BIG Stick

Posts: 80 | Location: TEXASVILLE | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOT FUNNY. This old man well remembers the assassination of President Kennedy and the attempts at Presidents Ford and Reagan. I despise Mrs. Clinton for her politics (and I didn't vote for John Kennedy either) but a bullet should have no place in American politics -not even as a "joke".

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Sincere Apology Gerry

I Did Not Intend On Offending Anyone

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerrys375:
NOT FUNNY. This old man well remembers the assassination of President Kennedy and the attempts at Presidents Ford and Reagan. I despise Mrs. Clinton for her politics (and I didn't vote for John Kennedy either) but a bullet should have no place in American politics -not even as a "joke".

Aren't you the guy who posted, in this very forum, back in May, and I quote...

"I will never visit this website again."

Would it be funnier if he changed it to maybe a car crash? Fatal illness? Leprechaun making her magically disappear? You probably don't like the following joke, either....

If you pushed Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Barbara Boxer off the Empire State Building all at the same time, which one would hit the ground first?

Who cares?

I think you've made a pretty sweeping statement in your post here. Was JFK's assassination, or the attempts on Ford and Reagan funny? Absolutely not. I probably share most of your political views and I thought Hinckley should have gotten the chair or the gurney or whatever he could have gotten back then. Does that mean there can never be a joke about these things? Have you never heard anyone say (or perhaps said yourself), in reference to a difficult time someone else is having, "But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play?" That's funny, at least to some people, yet it doesn't belittle Lincoln nor his memory, and it doesn't make a joke out of his assassination.

You say "a bullet should have no place in American politics -not even as a 'joke'." What if it were about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Would that be okay? Here's your basic nutjob-posing-as-world-leader, and I would find it difficult to muster much of an argument against the idea that the world situation may very well be better without him in the picture. Not much there I wouldn't say about Hillary, either.

God forbid that someone reads this joke (which I thought was funny and okay, but that's me) like this and says to him(her)self, "Y'know what? That's what needs doin'. I'm a-goin' to." Frankly, I think that's ludicrous.

If you were offended by the joke, I understand. You don't see this the way I do or, apparently, the way Luther did (and that was a classy apology, Luther). No problem. Express that. Great, fine, sure. But maybe you can see that humor, like obscenity and a LOT of other things, is in the eye of the beholder. I'd thank you, sir, not to tell me whether I'm seeing it clearly.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's one in every crowd. I thought the joke was a hoot.

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Well, I thought it was funny. dancing

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I thought it was hilarious (pardon the pun).

In my opinion, what the world does NOT need is one more self-righteous s.l.o.b. who doesn't understand that life itself is one big joke with a not too danged funny ending.....

BTW, I believe Bill Clinton when he said "I did not have sex with that woman." I figger he just got confused and was thinking of Hillary, not Monica...and I can surely understand WHY he didn't!

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks For The Positive Replies

Nice To Know I'm Not TOO Far Out Of Line

With This Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Lighten up dude. Try not to be so PC.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the PC version....

I was doing my usual thing ,tooling down I-55 with a load of auto parts headed for a plant in Wilson Arkansas and I hear this trucker come on the CB and holler ,

"Hey ,did anyone hear something on the noon news about a suicide bomber killing Hillary Clinton?"

After a few moments of dead silence on the channel,another driver,says

"No,I haven't heard anything"...

Then the other driver sighs and says, Well, maybe tomorrow!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good joke, Luther. I like your version.
Thanks for posting.
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote