Find
Notify
Tools

Pastors and golf
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SKIPPING CHURCH

Father Norton woke up Sunday morningand realizing it was an exceptionally beautiful and sunny early spring day, decided he just had to play golf. So... he told the Associate Pastor that he was feeling
sick and persuaded him to say Mass for him that day. As soon as the Associate Pastor left the room, Father Norton headed out of town to a golf course about forty miles away. This way he knew he wouldn't accidentally meet anyone he knew from his parish. Setting up on the first tee, he was alone. After all, it was Sunday morning and everyone else was in church!

At about this time, Saint Peter leaned over to the Lord while looking down from the heavens and exclaimed, "You're not going to let him get away with this, are you?"
The Lord sighed, and said, "No, I guess not."

Just then Father Norton hit the ball and it shot straight towards the pin, dropping just short of it, rolled up and fell into the hole.
IT WAS A 420 YARD HOLE IN ONE!

St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the Lord and asked, "Why did you let him do that?"

The Lord smiled and replied, "Who's he going to tell?"

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
shocker rotflmo Good One!!

Posts: 2028 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
jumping I heard the same joke, only the Father had gone fishing and caught a world record Brown Trout. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True story: A junior high coach/history teacher here played hookie from school one day and caught a county record black bass. He told everyone as he had his picture in the paper. Don't know if he got in trouble for being truant.

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another couple of true stories.
Man I know called in sick to work for a couple of days.
Then his picture was in the paper with his fishing partner winning a bass tournament conducted on those 2 days.
Nothing happened to him.
Another man won a big buck contest sponsored by our local police dept. and got his picture in the local paper receiving his prize, a new 270 rifle.
His probation officer saw it and since he was a convicted felon he got a free ride back to jail!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another man won a big buck contest sponsored by our local police dept. and got his picture in the local paper receiving his prize, a new 270 rifle.
His probation officer saw it and since he was a convicted felon he got a free ride back to jail!

That sort of thing happens in Texas, too (but mostly East Texas, due to the Coon Ass influence) Wink

Karl Evans

Posts: 2825 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That sort of thing happens in Texas, too (but mostly East Texas, due to the Coon Ass influence)

Touche!
You sound like you have had some experience with my south La. brothers.
On our deer lease we get around 100 doe tags a year & never use them all. On DMAP property you can kill multiple does a day as long as you tag them & tags are out for anyone to get & use.
We let one of our south La brothers in 1 year & I guess old habits were just too hard to break, he was killing them & slipping them off the club without tagging them until a wildlife agent caught him.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend that was a job super building condos in the Virgin Islands.He made great money ,was single + when stateside spent his money on vintage Colts,Winchesters + going to the bar. He got 2 DWI 's within a 5 year period which allowed them to go back his entire life + add on any others he had.He had on in 1963 when it was no big deal but they tacked it on anyway + made him a felon.He brought me his Colt + Winchester collection to sell for him as e could no longer be in possetion.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote