Tools

British Newspapers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted
Good grief, even the scope manufacturers get trashed by the UK press!faint

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...big-game-Africa.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
And humor is nowhere to be found!

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a Nikon scope on a Remington Model 700 Classic in 350 Rem Mag for well over 20 years. The fact that Nikon makes all kinds of optics including scopes has been well known for a long time. Are the "nature photographers" really so stupid they didn't know this?

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
It's all part of the current human mass insanity, which refuses to recognize man as part of the world's ecology.

It is okay for animals rto be hunted down, attacked, and eaten alive by other animals, because that's "natures's way", but it an atrocity if man, a naurally designed and produced predator, improves his hunting tools to cause those same animals less lingering and horrific deaths.

I think we should outlaw birds because they hunt and kill worms and insects! space

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
It's all part of the current human mass insanity, which refuses to recognize man as part of the world's ecology.

It is okay for animals to be hunted down, attacked, and/or eaten alive by other animals, because that's "natures's way", but it's an atrocity if man, a naturally designed and produced predator, improves his hunting tools to cause those same animals less lingering horrific deaths.

By similar reasoning I think we should outlaw birds because they hunt and kill defenseless worms and insects!

space

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:

By similar reasoning I think we should outlaw birds because they hunt and kill defenseless worms and insects!

rotflmo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when did that start? I'm shocked! Big Grin

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon guys, the Daily Mail is a RAG. Only the dumbest of the dumb read it. Kinda like listening to Rush!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Seemed humorous to me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote