Find
Notify
Tools

Okay,,,My Turn...........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted
Frederick was hitchhiking through West Virginia. A mountaineer driving an old pickup truck stopped to give him a lift. As they rode along, they got to talking about the local moonshine whiskey. Frederick said he thought moonshine would probably be too strong for his tastes. "Nonsense!" said the mountaineer. "You gotta try some." He fished around behind him and finally produced a small jug. "Here," he said, handing the jug to the Frederick. "Take a drink!" "Oh, no thanks," said Frederick. "I don't think I care for any." "No, I insist," pressed the mountaineer. "Have some." "No, thanks - really," said Frederick. The mountaineer wasn't going to take no for an answer. He stopped the truck and grabbed his shotgun from the rack in back. He pointed the gun at Frederick and roared, "I said, take a drink!" "Okay! Okay!" said Frederick. "I've changed my mind! I guess I will have some after all." Frederick took a few swallows before he realized how powerful the stuff was. His throat muscles tightened, his eyes watered, and he made a choking sound. "What do you think of it?" asked the mountaineer. "Good, ain't it?" "Yeah," gasped Frederick. "I guess so." Then the mountaineer handed Frederick the shotgun and grinned. "Here! Now, you hold the gun on me and make me take a drink!"

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to have a gun.

Shooting is FUN, winning is MORE fun but shooting IS fun.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
Poletax, I had some stuff like that once in Missouri. Never could figure out what "octane" had to do with shine!! Smiler

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy moon in the ABC stores in Virginia. I never did; I drink only craft-brewed beer that's at least $1.00 a bottle at the grocery store.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can buy moon in the ABC stores in Virginia

The 'Moon' that is available commercially is very , very good.
They got a bunch out there. Any place that sells liquor and spirits will have some version.
But like tomatoes and cucumbers, ain't nothing compares to one outta the backyard. thumb

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is you gents by any chance refering to Georga Moon? I hain't seen that shit in over 27 years! bawling derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cobra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poletax:
quote:
You can buy moon in the ABC stores in Virginia

The 'Moon' that is available commercially is very , very good.
They got a bunch out there. Any place that sells liquor and spirits will have some version.
But like tomatoes and cucumbers, ain't nothing compares to one outta the backyard. thumb

Exactly right. Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 8827 | Location: CANADA | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote