Login/Join

One of Us
posted
 -

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
Pecos, I "poached" the pix, I like it so much. It reminds me of my first evening out after moving to Kingsville, Texas. My son was about 13 months old, and loved the green chile sauce, green was hot, red was spicy. An Hispanic couple, older, 60'ish, stopped at our table for a moment and were rubbing my sons blond hair. When the lady saw what I was feeding my son, rice and beans covered with green sauce, she read me the riot act on the spot. Then she saw that my son liked it, and she relented, a little. I, on the other hand, made plans to go to work early so I wouldn't have to "help" with the morning diaper!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah but you guys would just mix butter and honey into it [Big Grin] , or is that just an east Texas thing?

[ 08-06-2003, 03:19: Message edited by: 375hnh ]

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it 8mm. I think a grand salsa is a good cure for many human complaints...from snake bite to toothache. [Smile]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
Serrano peppers, thats what the green sauce was made from. Pecos, I'm not sure about cure, but enough Serrano peppers and your priorities will change, that I am sure of. Makes you wish for Ice Cream in the AM.

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
ROFLMAO [Big Grin]

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SEE PREVIOUS POST, BACK TO SLEEP!! [Big Grin] derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003