Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Confidence
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted
The President was in the Oval Office when his telephone rang.

"Hello, Mr. President" a heavily accented Texan voice said. "This is Archie, down here at Joe's Catfish Shack, in Nacogdoches, and I am callin' to tell ya’ll that we here in Texas officially declaring war on y'all since we are just plain tired of Washington's nonsense!"

"Well Archie," the President replied, "this is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Archie, after a moment's calculation, "there is myself, my cousin Harold, my next-door-neighbor Randy, and the whole dart team from Hooters. That makes eight!"

The President paused. "I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Wow," said Archie. "I'll have to call ya back!"

Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. “Mr. President, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Archie?"

"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry’s farm tractor."

The President sighed. "I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

"Lord above," said Archie. "I'll be getting back to ya."

Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. “President, I am sorry to have to tell you that we have had to call off this here war."

"I'm sorry to hear that," said the President. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over sweet tea and come to realize that there's just no way we can feed that many prisoners."

TEXAS CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!!!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep!

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damnstraight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Pretty topical as today a judge over in Lubbock is talking about civil war if Obama's elected

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote