Notify
Tools

THE GOLDGERG BROTHERS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For you Ford drivers......

The three Goldberg brothers

The three Goldberg brothers, Norman, Hyman, and Maximillian invented and developed the first automobile air-conditioner.

On July 17th, 1946, the temperature in Detroit was 97.

The 3 brothers walked into old man Henry Ford's office and sweet-talked his secretary into telling him that 3 gentlemen were there with the most exciting innovation in the auto industry since the electric starter.

Henry was curious and invited them into his office. They refused and
instead asked that he come out to the parking lot to their car.

They persuaded him to get into the car which was about 130 - turned on the air-conditioner and cooled the car off immediately.

The old man Ford got very excited and invited them back to the office, where the offered them 3 million dollars for the patent.

The brothers refused saying they would settle for 2 million but they
wanted the recognition by having a label "The Goldberg Air-Conditioner" on the dashboard of each car that it was installed in.

Now old man Ford was not a bit anti-Semitic, but there
was no way he was going to put the Goldberg's name on 2 million Ford cars.

They haggled back and forth for about 2 hours and finally agreed on 4 million dollars and that just their first names would be shown.

And so, even today, all Ford air-conditioners show on the controls the
names
"Norm, Hi, and Max".

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. I would remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry M Goldwater.

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Actually, not to dampen the humor, but Ford was in fact a notorious anti-Semite.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And to top it off a very good friend of Adolt Hitler.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Sold Adolf lots of Ford trucks, too. Got to keep the stockholders happy.

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Didn't grandpa Bush have some dealing with Adolf too?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about "grandpa Bush" but Grandpa Joe Kennedy was a huge Hitler supporter and had plans already drawn up for a partnership after the war.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't want this "Hitler" stuff to get too far out of hand.

In the late 1930s, MILLIONS of Americans were Hitler fans, both people in the street and the rich & famous (such as Charles A. Lindberg).

There were many, many of what would today be called "German-Americans" who still felt some loyal ties to the old country, and many more folks who just plain admired "government efficiency", and "domestic peace" enforced in Germany by Hitler's government, as well as the way he used military spending to control inflation (sound familiar?).

It was also the era of strong pro and anti Marxist emotions, and Hitler played that card (anti-Marxism) to the hilt in attracting supporters who were willing to give up someone else's liberty to gain a little security from Bolshevism, particularly among the businessmen of this country who felt most threatened by a potential uprising of the poor during the
Great Depression.

So, anyway, looking back and casting aspersions doesn't do any good now. I believe what we need to do now is hang together and straighten out our own country's political ills.

End of lecture Smiler

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the funniest things I have ever heard was a comedian on the Bob and Tom show one morning, telling that on the way into some town he passed an anti war demonstration. Some guy was holding a sign that said " Bush is just like Hitler", he said, that's just ridiculous, Hitler was an excellent public speaker : )

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote