New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In Wisconsin, a state known for their beer, there was one named Faurbach that was so bad a sample was sent to the USDA for testing. Letter came back that said, "sorry to inform you, your horse has diabetes."

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That gags ya just thinking about it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was down in Florida in the late 60's + went to Busch Gardens for the factory tour + afterwards a free beer in the reception area. Well,the 'glass' was a frosty mug that they topped out with ice cold Busch + considering that it was 110 outside w/ 100% humidity that beer went down very cool + smooth.Never had another Busch that tasted that good.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Never had another Busch that tasted that good.

I've never had a Busch beer that tasted good.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you've never had another bush that tasted that good?? ur making it waaay too easy norman!

Posts: 1543 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Orleans used to make Jax beer, awful stuff. At a Navy enlisted club in New Orleans, they were giving away free Jax, but the sailors were buying their brand of choice. This was in the 60's when military pay was very low.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well actually John,other than setting myself up as the straight man,I was not talking about a box lunch at the Y,or as some call it 'yodeling canyon'but feel free to make this a humerous discussion.I will., Carpetman1,I remember when we had Jax (Andrew Faubacker) beer here. They quit importing in the mid 70's because Texas + La. had a falling out about beer imports + it goes on to this day.