New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ultimate Computer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A smart young computer whiz had a system he wanted to market- but lacked the money to bring it into production. He had arranged a meeting with a businessman he hoped would bankroll his creation.

"So- just what is this?"

"Well, it is the ultimate computer. It has direct access to every known source of information in the world- ask it any question, and get an answer."

"Really? So.... how does it work?"

"Just type in your question, hit return, and the answer will come up on the monitor."

So the businessman types in *Where is my father?* <return> and the screen says *Your father is fishing in Lake Chesdin.*
Businessman looks sideways at the computer geek. "Well, your machine just failed. My father died 10 years ago."

"I don't understand- this has been working perfectly. Look- sometimes it does not like the way a question is worded. Could you PLEASE try it just once more- with different wording?

"OK- one more shot." So he types in *Where is my mother's husband?* <return>

The screen reads *Your mother's husband died 10 years ago.*

*Your father just landed an 8 lb bass in Lake Chesdin*

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
rotflmo jumping Smart Ass Machine Anyway!!

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Waaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaahhaaaaahaaaa rotflmo

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Back in the 60's I had an old fart come to the door while we had music going + a party on + he says "Goddamn,you kids think you invented fucking".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Back in the 60's I had an old fart come to the door while we had music going + a party on + he says "Goddamn,you kids think you invented fucking".

the way I heard that, from an old fart was, Every generation thinks they invented fucking. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True,so por que the next generation?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote