New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pure Michigan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats Great! Just sent it off to 15 people.

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I've been to all three of those states. Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio more times than my calculator can count.
You couldn't GIVE me any of them. Ohio is just horrible a book doesn't have enough page to list why Ohio sucks.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my 73 years, I've never heard of ANYONE retiring and moving TO any one of the three. You've got so many retirees from Michigan living down south, you can't throw a rock down the road without hitting three or four in the head. Of course, it's also endearing to have to listen to their constant rants about how great it is up north.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOLOLOL !!!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever read the Hemingway short story "Up in Michigan " ? That video never mentioned that activity .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Times + people were different then. More is the pity that we
(collective we of current American society)do not have that same attitude today.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It is endlessly beautiful, with unbeatable fishing, hunting, wild mushrooming, berry-picking, wandering.....and on and on. The people are GREAT. Clubs hold Friday fish-fries open to anyone. Small towns have weekend polka dances and family-friendly dinners. I would still be there had my employment not been transferred.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ROFLMAO!!! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote