Find
Notify
Tools

Churchill
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
O.K. since this is going to be ongoing,I will start with something small.I will add more as the site progresses."One day in the House Of) Commons there was another another opponent of Churchill that when he had the floor started ,started lambasting + generally abusing is character to the court. Winston just yawned + appearded to care less.The gent sitting next to him askes Willine if he was not offended at his comments.Churchills reply was "I would be be if I valueded his opinion."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Churchill and the Lady Astor were never on cordial terms and often mixed eloqutions at dinner engagements. One time Winny asked Lady Astor if she would sleep with him for a million pounds. After some consideration she replied that yes, maybe, for a million pounds she might even sleep with HIM!. Later in the evening he engaged her again, asking if she would sleep with him for 10 pounds. Deeply offended, she replied no and asked why he would even approach such an offer. Churchill replied that earlier they were gaining a moral issue. Now, they were just haggling over price!

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My theory Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About another man in power. During Clinton's 2nd term, 1000 women were surveyed with the question of whether they would sleep with Clinton. 84% said, "not again".

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another altercation between Winnie + Lady Astor; When she went off in a rage + said"Winston,.if you were my my husband,I'd poison your tea".To which Winston replied."Nancy,If I was your husband;I'd drink it.".

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On an historical non humerus note;The American ambassador to the court.Averel Harriman was having an affair with Pamela Churchill,Winston's daughter in law.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When asked what other name he would give WWII Churchill replied: " The unnecessary war".

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Here’s another one:

“The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

God help us all.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He also said that "Democracy is the worse form of Government.....except for everything else