New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bush Joke 4
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Golf Between Reality and Fantasy: What do golf and Florida elections have in common? Low score wins.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it doesn't take much to humor the trailer park trash in your locale. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give your joke a 0.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M16:

One time I heard a guy tell me a joke about Alabama - A guy walks into a store and asks for a Coke and a slice of butter pecan pie. The store owner says: " You're from Alabama, aren't you?" The guy is angry and tells the store owner: "Why do you say that?" Is it my accent? is it the way I dress? You wouldn't dare to say that to almost any customer. Why do you say it to me?". The owner replies :"Because this is a hardware store".

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Mc
posted Hide Post
I can go to a gas station in Georgia and buy fried chicken.

What makes you think you can't get a coke and a slice of pecan pie in a Alabama hardware store.

(don't ever ask for butter pecan pie-that's only in ice cream)

Posts: 1450 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill:

Even as I posted that joke I had a suspicion that it was outdated. ( I first heard it years ago on a Southern TV show) Actually, getting fried chicken at a gas station doesn't surprise me so much. Driving across the Texas Panhandle some years ago, I asked to use a men's room and was directed to the back - where I found guys shooting at bottles with everything from a real old Peacemaker (Colt did make them down to what, 1940?)to various handguns you want to name (all calibers at least 357 Mag) and swigging moonshine. I spent a few very enjoyable hours (after first convincing them not to shoot this damyankee and, yes, the moonshine was really good. Totally colorless but it was good and smooth and I'm really a pussy about "smoky" liquor)-and my wife had to drive the rest of the afternoon! - so don't tell me what I might find in a gas station!

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote