New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parking
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those outside the US having sex with a girl under 16 is illegal.

A policeman was patrolling a local parking spot overlooking a golf course. He drove by a car and saw a couple inside with the dome light on. There was a young man in the driver's seat reading a computer magazine and a young lady in the back seat knitting. He stopped to investigate. He walked up to the driver's window and knocked. The young man looked up, cranked the window down, and said, "Yes Officer?"

"What are you doing?" the policeman asked. "What does it look like?" answered the young man. "I'm reading this magazine." Pointing towards the young lady in the back seat, the officer then asked, "And what is she doing?" The young man looked over his shoulder and replied, "What does it look like? She's knitting."

"And how old are you?" the officer then asked the young man. "I'm nineteen," he replied. "And how old is she?" asked the officer. The young man looked at his watch and said, "Well, in about twelve minutes she'll be sixteen."

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smiler Smiler Smiler I think Sam and I as Americans find this hilarious - because right now in North Carolina, a 22 year old young woman is under arrest and charged with felony crime - because she had sex with a 19 year old male. (Apparently, in North Carolina, if the male was a "student", that makes it a crime. Can you imagine how many randy teenagers look at their teachers every day and dream -or was it just me?) Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry a local young couple (he's 19 she is 15) ran of to Georgia and got married (legal there) When they got home the Groom was arrested for contibuting to the delinquincy of a minor. Not sure how it is working out, Brides Mom was not happy. Maybe they arrested him to shut up Mama. Article stated there isn't much case law on this, that's hard to believe.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Georgia, but in Alabama it's only legal to get married under age 18 with parental consent.

At any rate, if one state honors a marriage, I think most other states generally have laws on the books to also honor a legal marriage in any other state.

Not sure if that's global or not, but I'm pretty sure it's on Alabama's books.

Which I find *really* interesting in cases of potential same-sex marriages in states like Massachussetts or some-such. I don't think that's been put to the test whether or not Alabama will honor it or not, but I doubt that's what the framers of the Alabama constitution had in mind.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote