Funny Friday
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again!

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
dancing rotflmo Thanks Again.Gotta Love The Friday Funnies.

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be a little plagiarism on Funny Friday

Judge Noah S. "Soggy" Sweat, Jr. (October 2, 1922 – February 23, 1996) was a judge, law professor, and state representative in the U.S. state of Mississippi, notable for his 1952 speech on the floor of the Mississippi state legislature concerning whiskey. Reportedly the speech took Sweat two and a half months to write.[1] The speech is renowned for the grand rhetorical terms in which it seems to come down firmly and decisively on both sides of the question. The speech gave rise to the phrase if-by-whiskey, used to illustrate such equivocation in argument.

"Whiskey Speech"

The 1952 speech by Mississippi state Rep. (and Judge) Noah S. "Soggy" Sweat, Jr., reprised by Mississippi state Rep. Ed Perry on 100th anniversary of opening of the Mississippi state Capitol, as broadcast on public radio. (Dura

Listen to speech here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_S._Sweat

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Churchill was also reported to have given a speech to the London Ladies Temperence League.When the leading chairlady got up to introduce him she mentioned that everyone knew he had consumed enough alcohal to reach the 3rd tier of the hall but he was
P.M. after all,so let him speak. He began"Ladies,as I look around me at the 1st tier of this hall at all the bastions of generations of British ladyhood,I am awed. As my eyes ascend to the second tier I am confidant that the next generation of Englishmen will be well nurtured by the ladies here today. And as my eyes ascend to the 3rd. tier,I say to myself,Winston,so little time;so much to do." He also said,"I have taken more out of whiskey than it has taken out of me."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Always love Funny Friday! tu2 rotflmo