Find
Notify
Tools

My day is now a bit better
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Went back to the neighborhood bar after I got home today. Couldn't stand the lack of nagging after I tossed the old lady out yesterday, I guess.

When I got there, there is this dude sitting at the bar with a stack of hundred dollar bills in front of him. He is loudly exclaiming, "If anyone in here can drink 20 pints of Guinness Stout in one hour, I will not only pay for the Stout, I'll give him $1,000. If he tries it and can't get it done, he pays ME $1,000.

Well, I didn't quite know what to do about that, so I thought a little and then left.

A bit later I came back and that jackass was still there, challenging one and all. So I moved over to the stool next to him and said, "Okay Mr. loudmouth, I'll accept your challenge."

He calls the bartender over and has him set up 20 pints of Guinness draft on the bar. I drank hem all in 24 minutes!

He seemed kind of stunned, but he paid me the $1,000. Then he Said " I saw you in here earlier, but then you left. Where did you go?"

I answered "Well, before I bet $1000 bucks, I had to go to the next bar down the block and make sure I could do it."

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This anecdote reminded me of how I once won a similar dispute with 20 cups of tea. I was a student, we have been working during the holidays in Norilsk, far above the Arctic Circle.
I remember the consequences, and what was the prize - not Smiler

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote