THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Wish my school trips went here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wish my school trips went here
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal

thumb

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the sex shop but I would sure like to find that gas station!

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alan R. McDaniel, Jr.:
I don't know about the sex shop but I would sure like to find that gas station!

Alan

Yeh man! That's about what they are getting per thinble full around here.

I still don't understand how our politicians can say we aren't getting ripped by the oil companies, when just one of them made over $10 BILLION clear profit in the last fiscal quarter....a record all time high profit.

Normally, when the cost of raw materials goes up, manufacturing profit goes down, but apparently not in the U.S. oil industry.

And before you guys give me a lecture on the oil industry, I was a Director in one of the larger oil companies, and a manager on the Alaska Highway Gas Pipe Line Project, so spare me , please.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still don't understand how our politicians can say we aren't getting ripped by the oil companies, when just one of them made over $10 BILLION clear profit in the last fiscal quarter....a record all time high profit.

We are the oil companies.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lhanson8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normally, when the cost of raw materials goes up, manufacturing profit goes down, but apparently not in the U.S. oil industry.

And before you guys give me a lecture on the oil industry, I was a Director in one of the larger oil companies, and a manager on the Alaska Highway Gas Pipe Line Project, so spare me , please.

Director of what?

Normally how business works is when cost of raw material goes up so does the cost of the finished product. This is because of a thing called NET RETURN ON INVESTMENT. If your business is not out earning what that money can make in the stock market then you are a poor business man/investor, or don't care about return on investment. Oil companys are publically owned (through stocks) and therefore need to perform for thier stock holders.

If you wish to continue please move it to the Political forum!

Posts: 82 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lhanson8:
quote:

Normally how business works is when cost of raw material goes up so does the cost of the finished product. This is because of a thing called NET RETURN ON INVESTMENT. If your business is not out earning what that money can make in the stock market then you are a poor business man/investor, or don't care about return on investment.
If you wish to continue please move it to the Political forum!

No kidding, Dick Tracy.

But price to the end user doesn't usually simultaneously rise to the point where the company (or industry) makes record profits at the same time their costs are rapidly increasing. For a perfect example of that, take a look at what is currently happening to the food service industry as the costs to them have risen in the last couple of years.

And with that, I'll let YOU take it to the political forum. I don't plan to argue with people who don't recognize when they are being shafted.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote