New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divine Inspiration
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
An American businessman is on holiday in Europe. He is in Rome and decides to visit the Vatican. While walking down a hallway he notices a phone booth with a big sign above it that reads DLTG.

Puzzled, he stops a passing priest and asks him about the sigh. "My son, that sign stands for Direct Line To God. If you pick up the phone, you can speak directly to God.

The businessman is amazed, and as the priest is walking away he ask "Father, how much is the call?" The priest responds that it is $1000.00.

The following week the man is visiting Jerusalem, and as he approaches the Wailing Wall, he see another phone booth, with the exact same sign above it. He gets excited and stops a Rabbi. "Rabbi, that phone booth, the sign. Does that mean Direct Line To God."

The Rabbi nods his head. The man asks "So I can go into that booth, pick up the phone and talk to God?"

The Rabbi nods his head again. The man tells him that in Rome the call was $1000.00. The Rabbi replies that here it is fifty cents. Amazed, the businessman asks the Rabbi way such a tremendous price difference.

The Rabbi responds. "Here my son, it is a local call."

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I heard that one but instead of Israel it was Texas.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I heard that one but instead of Israel it was Texas.

that doesn't make any sense.

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
ggruber,

tu2

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it would make perfect sense if you have ever been to Texas.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
10-4

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Have lived in Texas for six years. Enjoyed it and can understand why natives love it. Ended up in Colorado Springs, CO, and the mountains make it God's country.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, but, it's too damned cold in the Spgs!
That's why I moved back to Pueblo.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5961 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin