THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Due to Events, We Need a Killer Robot Section
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Due to Events, We Need a Killer Robot Section
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll trade my AR for the first Killer Robot offered.

Posts: 386 | Location: Redmond, Or | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I think it goes too far. Yes, it's good they got the bad guy. But do we really want the police to become a domestic military?

Where is the line between killing a "suspect" with a robot delivered bomb and killing a "suspect" with a hand grenade, or with a laser guided rocket from a police helicopter? Answer, there isn't one.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
imho, it is a response to blacks killing police officers...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
what xxxxxx was the robot

xxx=black,white, chinese( most likely the sum of it's parts)

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I think it goes too far. Yes, it's good they got the bad guy. But do we really want the police to become a domestic military?

Where is the line between killing a "suspect" with a robot delivered bomb and killing a "suspect" with a hand grenade, or with a laser guided rocket from a police helicopter? Answer, there isn't one.

My father was a police officer, then a sheriff's deputy then a federal agent. My great grandfather was a police officer until he was wounded during the prohibition and became a bootlegger.

I was a police officer the first time I got out of the military, the military recalled me so I was there about 10 months, and then I became a federal agent for a short while after I retired. I lasted about another 10 months and relized it wasn't my bag of tea.

I grew up thinking cops were great, and until recently as about 10 years ago, I felt safe talking to policemen in general.

A couple of things have happened in my lifetime that have contributed to the change in the police force and the change in their threats.

1. Domestic terrorism has become a real thing.

2. The amount of information that people have now is pretty incredible, and that information has lead to every bit of police brutality being over-victimized to the point that the police will always look bad.

3. The millinials have a completely different out look on their view of what the world owes them, than the generations that have gone before.

4. The best and brightest are rarely taking jobs in law enforcement, it doesn't seem to matter what agency it is. There are still lots of great police officers, federal agents, county sheriffs and border patrolmen, but the pot to pick from in this day and age of quality applicants is "different".

All of these things are coming together to radicalize criminals, and radicalize the tactics that police use. Because of the scale and violence level that the average police officer can now expect a major mishap to be he feels he should be equipped to handle armageddon, and the tax payers have answered those calls for DEVGRU SEAL, SPECWAR equipment and training.

When I stepped off the airplane and unvaporlocked my brain after my combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I felt like I could relax. As a police officer those things don't happen, and a part of the general public has a hatred or misunderstanding on law enforcement exascerbated by the media and hype.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
#3 in your list is so true and a huge problem.
Thanks for your service!

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2648 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were in a gun battle with this scum bag.
Many officers had already been shot, some of them were dead!
Blow the bastard up & get it over with.
This was not someone having a warrant served on them.
HE WAS SHOOTING AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Where is the line between killing a "suspect" with a robot delivered bomb and killing a "suspect" with a hand grenade, or with a laser guided rocket from a police helicopter? Answer, there isn't one."

Grenadier - you make a valid point. It just doesn't apply here. This guy wasn't someone driving down a street or hiding in a building that didn't pose a threat to others. HE WAS SHOOTING at the Dallas PD officers and had already killed several others. It wouldn't make sense to have more officers killed trying to capture the gutless criminal.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hells bells,when you are being fired upon the proper responce is to return fire.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with the robot delivering the justice serum.

A friend of mine from when I was an agent had a similar situation in Maine. A lot of law enforcement got shot that day trying to kill that one.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The problem is, you're setting the police up as judge, jury, and executioner. In this case, it was pretty clear, but do you blow up a gun owner who, for instance, California has ruled is too old, feeble, etc to own guns, and refuses to come out and tells the police he's going to kill anyone who tries to get him? The police are paid to arrest people, not kill them.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in California?

Yes they probably would, depending on how rabid the press and police were.

There are a ton of cops who didn't grow up in hunting conservative veteran homes with fathers, and think that everyone with a firearm is a threat.

World's a changing too fast.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
After two hours plus of talking to the suspect, with his contention that explosives were part of the mix, before he had a chance to launch and continue "the mission" the decision to take him out was a no-brainer (for Dallas). Don't mess with Texas.

BTW, wrong forum.

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, let's see, he's cornered in a concrete parking garage, surrounded by SWAT teams, with automatic weapons.....so how is he going to "continue the mission."?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering why they did not send in the dogs ? Bet a couple of shepherds could have solved that problem pronto.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Well, let's see, he's cornered in a concrete parking garage, surrounded by SWAT teams, with automatic weapons.....so how is he going to "continue the mission."?

Tells us exactly how you would handle this!!! The next time something like this happens I'll expect you to step up and handle it.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C.:
I was wondering why they did not send in the dogs ? Bet a couple of shepherds could have solved that problem pronto.

So you want to sacrifice the dogs? This guy already killed five people and you think two dogs would be able to subdue him?

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:

Come out blazing and throwing charges to kill more po-po. The more I listened to Chief Brown the prouder I got of his leadership. The perp chose to die horribly instead of surrender and go to jail. "Thy will be done."

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Right, and all those dozen SWAT guys wouldn't have taken him out when he first stepped out. I wasn't there, but I can tell you this is a very bad precedent, what's next, use a tank's main gun when someone is barricaded up? In case you don't know it, we ain't in Iraq. There are supposed to be rules of law.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Let's see if a suit gets filed for wrongful death or excessive use of force. I bet someone and their lawyer gets wealthy off this.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C.:

So you want to sacrifice the dogs? This guy already killed five people and you think two dogs would be able to subdue him?

yes and yes. ever gone up against a trained dog ? is that not what they are trained for ?

just my opinion, I'm not a LEO, but I got used as a training dummy once.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all can second guess what "they " should have /have not done. They ended it. It needed ending. Arresting him would be nice, even preferred, if he was playing, but alas, he wasn't. Eventually, he would have had more opportunity to hurt LE or others. Rabid dogs and putting down go hand in hand.

I hated it when higher commanders questioned why my men and I went left instead of right or used B instead of A, I simply asked them to join in the fun next time, they DID NOT. (O6s and +)

Dallas Chief did right, but killing even a perp is hard thing- you hope for a good outcome, but play the cards dealt as best you can in a fluid situation.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo +1

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
saved the state of Texas a million dollars, or more to house him, and another two million while Johnny Kockran defended him and ran appeals for the next twenty years.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Johnny Kockran

Kockrans been dead for years

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he'd return for this opportunity...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never bring a rifle to a C4 fight..... Big Grin

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was kid all the cops seemed to have MP's during the war - mostly large guys with what I'd call a physical presence and they didn't ride around in 2-man squad but rather walked a beat alone.

I've always thought things went downhill when they relaxed the physical requirements to allow 5'8" 150 officers on the force - they just don't have the physical presence to handle most situarions without backup and/or drawing their firearm

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote