New
Find
Notify
Tools

Acts 2:38
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard this story from a friend in SE Georgia. He goes to one of those Pentecostal Churches where the traveling preachers can become very excited and vocal. So, he tells me that last week he and his elderly Grandmother were at church and this traveling preacher preached.

Anyway, sermons are a wonderful thing, but like most things, about 45 minutes will do. This fellow went on for an hour and a half, constantly referring to "Acts 2:38", never read it, just kept referring to it. "Acts 2:38 will protect you, just call on the Lord." After church his Grandmother drove over to the general hospital to visit a sick friend. It was along about dark, and as she was walking across the parking lot she saw several young men in her way. As she watched one of them knocked an elderly woman down and took her pocketbook. Another one got out of their car and began to approach her. She was concerned for her safety, but remembered what the preacher had told her. She said out loud, "Acts 2:38". The young man got closer. She said it a louder voice, "Acts 2"38!". He kept coming. Finally, she screamed at the top of her voice "Acts 2:38, Acts 2:38, Acts 2:38!!!!!!".

Sure enough, the young man ran back to the car and jumped in. As the car sped off, one of his companions asked him "Yo, you get dat lady's pocketbook?"

"Hell NO!!, he replied. I got about four feet away and she started screaming "Acts 2:38!!. I ain't messing wid no woman at got an Axe and two Thirty-eights".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Watch it Rich.That's the kind of stuff that got me kicked off of this site. Go figure!I can only assume that it was a moderator of liberal
+ northern persuasion. Names are not nesassary.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not being biblically oriented, I had to look it up:

quote:
Acts 2:38
King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I would have given Granny an axe and 2 .38s rather than a biblical quote . Then she really could have done the world a favour .....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4463 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote