Find
Notify
Tools

Will I Live To See 80?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted
I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 50.)
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
'Do you think I'll live to be 80?' He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?'
'Oh no,' I replied.. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'
Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?
'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'
'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'
'No, I don't,' I said.
He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said.
He looked at me and said,... 'Then, why do you even give a shit?

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Mary, you are my kinda gal. clap beer

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with your doctor, if all that is true; why would you care?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
I reckon if when you do make it to 80, it'll seem like a blink of an eye Roll Eyes

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Just turned 51 myself, I have the same lifestyle relpies as you. After reviewing the post, I can assure you with my luck (and lack of vice) I'll live a nice. boring life much past 80. Big Grin stir

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buckeye shooter,

actually, you won't live that long. It will just seem like forever...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You gents do realize this is a 'joke' and not a vignette from my life story...loldancing

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just trying to be funny too Roll Eyes, looks like I'm not even good at that! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always heard the truth will come out...

Fifty, huh? I have bluejeans your age!

Rich

thanks for the style and humor you bring to the forum maam.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well not claiming to be the most senior, but I'm falling apart compared to 25!! Roll Eyes
I know its not going to get better either!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh...your darn Whippersnappers, pull up a stoop and share a Cuban with me. Big Grin

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn! You got some big feet there girl! I would take a box or two if you have some spare Cohibas...?

Rich

One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Smoking has been banned in the workplace over here, she would get a sixty pounds fine on the spot for smoking in a burglars workplace

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote