Find
Notify
Tools

Prank call to Fidel
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First I laughed about someone making my old enemy, Castro, look like a fool. Then I got angry that we have such fools in the Federal bureaucracy that want to fine the radio station people who made Castro look foolish. Forget about asking whose side are they on? Why wasn't this a national story on national media? Oh, I forgot, I keep reminding myself as I get older not to ask stupid questions.

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Here's a page that has the prank as an audio file, unfortunatly it's all spoken in spanish, but they do have an english transcript on the page. They truly made a jackass out of ole' ratbeard!

Toolmaker

What an Asshole!

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Toolmaker:

For the first time I took the trouble to read your profile - and howled with laughter at your hobbies: "Making things that make the neighbors nervous". Someone with that perspective is someone I want to talk to!

I couldn't get up the Spanish transcript (but that's not your fault. I don't seem able to get audio on my laptop) It's a pleasure to run across someone not a friend of Castro nowadays. Most of the US seems (if we are to believe the national media) to want to welcome him - and it's just those fanatic Cubans in Miami who oppose him.

He is one bad guy and I know he's a bad guy. I saw him enter Havana in a so called "parade" -consisting of about a half dozen 2x6's (trucks) and maybe a dozen US Army issue old jeeps. (I saw newsreels later in the US that made it look like an ancient Roman triumphal march). The "barbudos" (bearded ones) glared at the few Americans but the looks they gave at certain Cuban people really were frightening. I left Cuba the next day but I heard from friends that the barbudos were conducting a street by street,block by block, house by house, search with lists in their hands. ((I heard they smelled as if they hadn't bathed in weeks but that didn't make them any less dangerous) At the time there was a sports arena in Havana called "El Hipodromo". It was turned into a "detention center" and a place of execution. I heard that the sound of the firing squads went on for several months. {The estimates of how many died just then has ranged from 10,000 to 30,000) How many do you think have died in the 45 years since? Without trial of any kind?

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
It is always good practice to have your neighbors a little afraid of you - their less likely to call the police when an "experiment" goes horribly, horribly wrong.. You call it "perspective" the doctors called it "psychosis". Yeah too many have died at the hands of that goatfucker. But what really ticks me off are the anticastro Cubans down in Miami and here in NY. They constantly make a big show out of opposing Fidel.. Well, If they want him out, start training revolutionaries here. Form your own "coalition of the willing". Hell, Bnai Brith runs training camps in upstate NY and PA to train supportive Jews if they were ever needed in war by Israel. I wish they would get off their ass and take their country back!

Toolmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wish they'd take their country back too, and get out of this'n.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.LivedInMiami.TooLong

Para Espanol Numero Dos

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Toolmaker:

You put your finger on a very dirty and nasty little secret about the "Cuban exiles'. To begin with, the ones with balls enough to try to overcome Castro were wiped out in the Bay of Pigs fiasco - when Kennedy not only reversed plans put in place by Eisenhower but absolutely chickened out and refused to allow the air support promised. On top of that, he agreed by secret agreement only discovered years later, to take our missiles out of Turkey. (No wonder, Krushchev held him in contempt)

I join with you in contempt for the Miami Cubans - but maybe not for the same reasons. I knew pre-Castro Cuba from the countryside. The so called "Miami exiles" were urban people. Castro never had the support of rural people (the 'guajiros")He had the support of urban people for various reasons. ( I could write a book about this and am trying to compress a lot of history into a few lines. If you want to discuss it further, I can be reached at gerry577@yahoo.com