New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going Fishing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A man calls home to his wife and says, "Honey, I have been asked to fly to Canada with my boss and several of his friends for fishing... We'll be gone for a long weekend. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion I've been wanting, so could you please pack enough clothes for a 3-day weekend. Also would you get out my fishing rod and tackle box from the attic? We're leaving at 4:30 PM from the office and I will swing by the house to pick my things up..

"Oh! And please pack my new navy blue silk pajamas."

The wife thinks this sounds a bit odd, but being the good wife, she does exactly what her husband asked.

Following the long weekend, he came home a little tired, but otherwise looking good. The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish.

He says, "Yes! Lots of walleyes, some bass, and a few pike."

But then he asks, "But why didn't you pack my new blue silk pajamas like I asked you to?"

The wife replies, "I did. They're in your tackle box."

Posts: 13870 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eeker rotflmo tu2

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how many people today remember the comedy team of Homer + Jethro, but there was a skit when one said to the other, "I'm going fishing" to which the other said "You got worms"+ was replied, "Yep, but I'm going anyway."There was a time when humor did not need to be vulgar.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2 Yep, remember when we all used to watch Art Linkletter and his kids? That stuff was indeed funny and clean. Maybe not pure jokes, but pure laughter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kids say the darndest things was a hoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the old joke -- true story -- of the guy who used to go "dove hunting" in Mexico and had a buddy who covered for him and gave him a package of doves every time he went home. He always asked his wife to cook the doves upon his return and she did.

After one trip, she served up fried fish. Buddy mixed up. He asked why she didn't cook the doves he brought home, and she said she did. Seems like the gig was up.

Posts: 10368 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"When first we practice to deceive".....