Tools

USMC Rules of Gunfighting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of teflon
posted
... Rules of Gun Fighting
(Marines; Army; Navy; Air Force)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USMC Rules For Gun Fighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their
friends who have guns.

2. If you can, make friends with those on the crew served weapons. Bring them as well. Borrow money
from them, it gives them an added incentive to protect you.

3. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.

4. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

5. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

6. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

7. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

8. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember
who lived and who didn't.

9. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating (calling for arty or air support), reloading,
and running.

10. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy
of the gun.

11. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of
your musket."

12. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it
because it is empty.

13. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

14. Have a plan.

15. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

16. Have a back-up, back-up plan in case CentCom or SecDef finds the first two plans "unacceptable".

17. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The only visible target should be in your gun sights.

18. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect your flank.

19. Don't drop your guard.

20. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

21. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

22. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

23. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

25. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

26. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

27. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."

Army Rules for Gun Fighting

1. See USMC Rules to gun Fighting.

2. Add 60 to 90 days.

3. Hope the Marines already destroyed all meaningful resistance.

Navy Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture.

2. Send in the Marines.

3. Drink Coffee and eat donuts.

Air Force Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Kiss the wife goodbye.

2. Drive to the base in your sports car.

3. Fly to target area, drop bombs, (try not to hit the Canucks) fly back to your home base.

4. BBQ some burgers and drink beer in your back yard, and talk shit about the Navy, Army and Marines.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

I found this in the humor section at another forum. No author listed, but I thought y'all might want to see it.

tef

The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivaly of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in fine, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.
Mark Twain

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ " "Victory or Death!"

Posts: 723 | Location: chillin' in the Mountain State | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
clap

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ARhunter42019
posted Hide Post
teflon LOL that's a good one, you notice, Marines are mentioned in every other branch's rules right? LOL

The chainsaw says: Run Kit Kitt Kitty

Posts: 84 | Location: Cat Hell, where cats suffer | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Teflon, you missed one in the Marines section, #28,"Do not attend a gunfight with a rifle with a magazine capacity any less than a number that starts with 3 and ends with zero."

And you missed the SF section.
#1. Look cool in lastest fashion Oakley suglasses, and beachwear.
#2. Deploy, Kill everthing you see.
#3. Return to base, Resume looking cool in latest fashion Oakley's and beachwear.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, for sure try not to drop bombs on the Canucks. Once was enough.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yup gunsmile

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Air Force Rules of Battle:
1. Send the officers to do the dirty work.
2. Request a radio call when the officer is an hour away on the return to base, so you can dry off (assuming you were at the pool), put on your uniform and meet the jet on the ramp.

Part B:
Strike with continuous overwhelming firepower from a position of invulnerability.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
quote:
9. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating (calling for arty or air support), reloading,
and running.

I'd like to add my own take to #9.

9. If you are not shooting, you should either be commanding the troops that are, or communicating (calling for arty or air support), reloading, and running.

An officer or Sgt commanding his troops is a directing the placement of thousands of rounds downrange, but as soon as they pick up a rifle themselves, they become a highly overpaid grunt contributing nothing more to the fight than the lowest E1/E2 standing next to them.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Teflon:

I read once that there was an old Western expression: " Never bring a knife to a gun fight". Apparently (thank heaven) the USMC has decided to really load up for a fight! Talk about overkill! Smiler (Years ago I heard a cop say: " Better to be judged by 12 (a jury)than carried by 6 -meaning that it was better to shoot first and ask questions later (in the old Western expression) No body ever lost by carrying too much gun.

Posts: 800 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

2. Send in the Marines.

Hey, that's exactly why I joined the United States Navy. And why I got assigned to the biggest ship I could find. Nobody never said sailors was stupid.

Thanks to ALL our service men and women wherever they may be.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Fucking Jar heads! Lets see where do Jar heads go for airborne school oh yeah it's an Army school! The Marine cannon cockers go to Ft Sill and the marine tankers get shipped to Ft Knox. For there training.

Merry christmas to all my fellow Active duty service members and veterans!

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 323:
Fucking Jar heads! Lets see where do Jar heads go for airborne school oh yeah it's an Army school!

Where does the Army go for dive school???

I forgot... they're afraid of the water~!!!

Bwaaahhhhahahahhahahah
we're laughin AT you.... not WITH YOU!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collins:
quote:
Fucking Jar heads! Lets see where do Jar heads go for airborne school oh yeah it's an Army school!

Where does the Army go for dive school???

I forgot... they're afraid of the water~!!!

Bwaaahhhhahahahhahahah
we're laughin AT you.... not WITH YOU!

The Army is not afraid of the water, we just have enough sense to not go spend 6 months out of a year on an oversized soup can. And did I forget to mention that those 6 months are on a soup can containing mostly men. So who are the smart ones now!!!!!

All my cousins were deck swabbies and I was the 1st one to go Army. It makes for interesting family reunions to say the least.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Is that the best you could do was diver school give me a break.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collins and M1Tanker:

As an old Army man, I think the Marines are an over rated outfit. (Harry Truman said you guys had a propaganda machine) As an old man I'm glad that American soldiers and US Marines are protecting the United States - and me. Smiler Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is apropros of nothing, but I just bought a new Dodge truck from a salesman in the Dallas area. He was recently medicaled out of the US Army after receiving 17 shrapnel holes serving our country in Iraq from one end to the other, but thanks to rehab is in pretty good shape now. At any rate, he wants to be a policeman and applied to the Dallas PD. He has no college yet but DPD will accept 4 yrs military service in stead of the college requirement. This young man was medicaled out at 3 years 358 days. In spite of the fact that he had no control over the situation, had signed up for a 4 year tour, etc. the Dallas recruiter said, more or less, "Nope, you ain't got 4 years, sorry". Guy slightly lost his temper and said what I thought was a semi-classic. "My pocketknife has seen more action than your whole Department."

beer

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
quote:

2. Send in the Marines.

Hey, that's exactly why I joined the United States Navy. And why I got assigned to the biggest ship I could find. Nobody never said sailors was stupid.

Thanks to ALL our service men and women wherever they may be.

Ray

OK, OK, OK - you left out one - supposed to go in at #2 and should read: Shoot up a whole shit load of BI shells, fire off a passel (SP?) of missiles and keep the sky open overhead.

And last one of all; Take real good care of the Marines when they come back aboard - we'll be needing them again.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo:

What an incredible (and disgusting) story! If you can you should urge this young man to get in touch with the nearest Veterans Affairs officer and see what can be done. A stiff letter to the Dallas Police Commissioner might also help (along with an implied threat to go public and let a local paper print the story) but I would hope that between the local VFW Post ( which will have people who may have become influential in the community because they served in long ago wars as young men and won't stand still for this) and the Veterans Affairs officer, that this young man will get his opportunity. ( I don't think that once within the Dallas P.D. training program that they would dare to discriminate against him by washing him out for what another recruit wouldn't be flunked for - There would be too many eyes watching) Kipling was right. He wrote a poem once: 'Tommy" - "It's Tommy this and Tommy that and Tommy go away - But it's thank you, Mr. Atkins when the troop ship's on the tide".

And this is happening in Texas? !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerry, yes Kipling pretty well much nailed the problem with that poem, didn't he?

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave;

Yeah, I'm a Kipling devotee. (believe it or not, my mother was a fan of his and had everything he ever wrote for publication, so, of course, I began reading him at an early age. I read once that few women liked Kipling. Well, my mother was an exception!) Thank heaven! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fucking Jar heads! Lets see where do Jar heads go for airborne school oh yeah it's an Army school! The Marine cannon cockers go to Ft Sill and the marine tankers get shipped to Ft Knox. For there training.

You can say that again.
And when I was at Ft. Campbell 101ABN we had a few Air Force guys going through Air Assault school (Army Instructors).

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of teflon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
quote:

You can say that again.
And when I was at Ft. Campbell 101ABN we had a few Air Force guys going through Air Assault school (Army Instructors).

Those that can ...... do.

Those that can't .... teach.

Semper Fi

The mania for giving the Government power to meddle with the private affairs of cities or citizens is likely to cause endless trouble, through the rivaly of schools and creeds that are anxious to obtain official recognition, and there is great danger that our people will lose our independence of thought and action which is the cause of much of our greatness, and sink into the helplessness of the Frenchman or German who expects his government to feed him when hungry, clothe him when naked, to prescribe when his child may be born and when he may die, and, in fine, to regulate every act of humanity from the cradle to the tomb, including the manner in which he may seek future admission to paradise.
Mark Twain

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ " "Victory or Death!"

Posts: 723 | Location: chillin' in the Mountain State | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gerry375:
... I read once that few women liked Kipling.

I asked a girl I was dating if she liked Kipling.

She said that she had never Kipelled. Smiler

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Since I guess most of you know that the US Army and the US Marines don't have identical jobs, I won't go into that. It was fortunate however that the US Army was around to help defeat the Wehrmacht in WWII.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink:

Although I'm from an Army family, I do have to say that the Marines had something to do with fighting the Germans in WW1 at a place called Belleau Wood! Smiler (We kept them away from the Wehrmacht in WW2 because we needed them to deal with that other enemy in the Pacific) (I must be getting senile in my old age! here I am defending the Marines!) Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teflon:
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
quote:

You can say that again.

Those that can ...... do.

Those that can't .... teach.

Semper Fi

animal animal animal
That was just plain mean!

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.