Find
Notify
Tools

carnation milk
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
On a West Texas cattle ranch, the bosses daughter was listening to the radio + there was a contest being broadcast from the Carnation Milk Co. that if anyone could come up with a new rhyme + jingle they would win the prize. Well, the young lady thinks, I can do that + comes up with her idea.
Carnation milk, the best in the land.
omes to your table in a little red can.
Well she just knows that this is a winner + puts in an envelope + asks one of the cowboys to drop it in the mail for her. She forgot to seal it + the cowboy, wanting to help out the young lady decided that it needed a bit more 'jip'so he added his bit before he mailed it. After 3 weeks and no reply the girl asked the cowboy if he mailed her letter + he said yes + admitted to adding to her original message to help her win. After 3 deep breathes she asks, so what did you WRITE!!!. Kinda shuffling his feet head down with hat in hand he says, "Carnation milk, best in the land,
Comes to your table in a little red can'
No tits to pull no hay to pitch,
just punch 2 holes in the son of a bitch."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Air Force, I had a female civil servant supervisor I could not stand and she was not nearly that fond of me. I left her a message to call L.C. DeKowe and the phone number. It was the number to Borden's Dairy. They told her she had been set up and was she ever mad.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Along the line of military hijinks; when my son was in the army in the sandbox, his lt. told him to clean her pistol (Berreta 92) a clear violation as one services their own piece. Anyway, he did. He took steel wool + took it down to the white + put it back in her holster. She never looked at it until inspection a few days later when it was pretty rusty.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a chief deputy who thought he knew everything about firearms.

We just received new stainless MIni-14s.

I had been a Mini shooter for years.

I field stripped his left it apart on his desk.

He had to call me and have me show him how to put it back together.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've played that little game a couple of times myself. Anything from firearms disassembly to stovepipe assembly.