Find
Notify
Tools

George Burns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
As my birthday is this Friday + the boys are trying to make a big deal over it, I was reminded of one of George Burns quotes, "I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about my birthday, I don't deserve that. On the other hand I have arthritis + I don't deserve that either."
Then another of my favorites, "When you're my age + you bend over to tie your shoes, you ask yourself if there is anything else I can do while I'm down here."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one here with a rememberence of "Burns + Allen"?; what a pity.; "Say good night Gracie."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir, I do, LOL.
Every Year when my Wife brings up doing something for my Birthday, I tell her how much I "Appreciate" her wanting to Celebrate me being another year closer to DEAD! beer jumping

Rodney

Posts: 81 | Location: Leona, Texas | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo Yes, Randy, we knew and we appreciated and loved George and Gracie Burns. Big Grin tu2 By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARLY! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Vaughn. My sons came over + we had BBQ + a really nice visit. It's rare for me to get all 3 boys together at the same time.