Notify
Tools

Death star
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
http://sadhillnews.com/2013/02...-building-death-star

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like 2 Great big monkeys trying to fight their way out of a burlap sack. Oh wait,was that a double entendre? If so I'm sooooo sorry.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they never outgrow it. even with all their money, she couldn't resist stealing a couple of melons.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I see the humor. Nevertheless, I think taking pot shots at FLOTUS is in bad taste. Many blacks have pronounced derrieres as a result of their DNA. Those are thermal flywheels, a term coined by my esteemed brother-in-law. They exist to enable man to survive bad times. There is a term for it I learned in Anthro. about 40 years ago, but can't recall.
I thoroughly disapprove of Mr. Obama, but maitain that we should preserve the dignity of the office.
JMO,
Brice

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nevertheless, I think taking pot shots at FLOTUS is in bad taste

Why?

She certainly takes shots at us all the time---if she doesn't want to be politicized--she should stay out of politics.

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, we should be supporting an all the time skoot shooter.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
Can anybody tell me why the above post from Norman Conquest got him removed from the forum for "Racist Content"?
AR-Patriot

"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,must be replenshed by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 50 | Location: Proctor,Texas | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
And what must he do to return to the forum?
Patriot

"The tree of Liberty,from time to time,must be replenshed by the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 50 | Location: Proctor,Texas | Registered: 27 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
How do you know he got removed for racist content?

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
He is a friend of mine,lives just down the road,has been on the ARF for about 7 yrs. and is a little confused as to why this was found to be so offensive that he has been suspended by a moderator because they deemed his post to be racist.Do they suspend every off color joke? must keep 'em migty busy,as I have seen quite a few. Or is it just because it involved The current regime?
What difference does it make how I know?Just respectfully asking for an explanation and how he can get back in their good graces?
Patriot

Thomas Jefferson

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
No difference. Just wondered. I find it nice to note that some people are still offended by offensive behavior. Seems kind of rare anymore. My question was how do you know if the removal was because of racist content. Did the moderator tell him so. Maybe it was because of spelling, punctuation, incomplete sentences or poor subject-verb agreement.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the moderator tell him specifically that he was suspended for racist remarks? Which moderator? Perhaps the moderator should weigh in here with an explanation.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AR-Patriot
posted Hide Post
I was hoping the moderator who suspended him would enlighten us.He was specifically notified that he had been suspended for racist content.He thought he was contributing to the joke and did not mean to be racist.I believe if you look,it could be taken that way,but that was not the intent.He can't post anything to ask,so I am trying to help him out. The joke was off color,I suppose,but I suspect it offended someone who Has a political leaning toward the current Regime.If I'm wrong,I would like the moderator to enlighten me,and my friend would like to be reinstated. I think that contacting him first to inform him it was deemed offensive would have been a better way to handle this.He is a regular,and been on the forum for quite a while,is VERY knowledgable about firearms,reloading,and history in general and IS an asset to this board. He enjoys the site and was not looking to offend anyone,and as I said,I have seen worse,though those folks may have been suspended too.I wanted the moderator who iniated this action to please explain it to us in the first place and perhaps suggest a remedy to my friend.
Patriot

Thomas Jefferson

one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
I Would Hope That The Moderator Is Only Afflicted With a Temporary Case Of "Political Correct Flu" That Is Rampaging Thru This Country And Mainly The So-Called "Free Press". coffee

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I think the racist charge is based on the implication that a Wookie can't tell the difference between a Death Star and Michelle's ass.
It's not nice to make fun of Wookies.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote