New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real news
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
"Resident of Rostov-on-Don, was arrested on suspicion of shooting at an opponent during a dispute about the work of the philosopher Immanuel Kant". On this September 16 RIA Novosti reported.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vashper:
"Resident of Rostov-on-Don, was arrested on suspicion of shooting at an opponent during a dispute about the work of the philosopher Immanuel Kant". On this September 16 RIA Novosti reported.

Vashper, I laugh just trying to figure out exactly what they hell you have just said. I have no idea, but find myself laughing trying to figure it out. What ever you said, I do laugh!

Last night laying in bed with my gf reading one of your posts. I started to laugh and my gf said "What are you laughing at?" So I let her read it...

Laughter continued to escalate.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had to debate what the hell Kant meant with anyone, I'd probably shoot them too. Not funny, but likely.

Posts: 10128 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We need to get him an ESL teacher for sure! 2020 There's got to be a butt load of them in Moscow! dancing I'm tired of hiring an interpreter, only to find out he can't tell me what the hell he is saying either! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As long as I understand it, that's all that matters.

http://en.rian.ru/columnists/2...opher-Kant-Ends.html

r i w

Posts: 557 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Beutler:
"What are you laughing at?" So I let her read it...

Next time try to be careful: laughter kills sex.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Strange, I don't find his humor at all difficult to understand. And I thank it is a sign of his good sense of humor, that he finds the "human condition" a funny joke
God has played on this Earth.

Until my Russian gets better than his English is, I'll work a little to fully understand his posts. To me, it is worth the effort. They are often very funny indeed, if one has the breadth of intellect and word associations to "get" them.

But if one is built low in terms of intellect or word association capabilities, those humour shots may go right over their heads.

In that case, they should probably continue to lie low and quiet, read, and learn. Then the internet public won't know about their "problems with understanding humour". And they won't appear rude buffoons to visitors.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
LOL!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Alberta,with you 100%.This young man tries!...Vashper,I do not agree that laughter is bad for sex.I have always found that a good evening filled with wine,supper, + humor only enhances the evening. Hmmmm, not pointing a finger here my lad,but you did not present her with something to laugh at did you?....No offense,that was American humor. I think its universal but not sure. Perhaps we'll find out here first.I have a Cajun friend whose favorite insult is to call someone a "minnow dick".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
e a "minnow dick".

Well, there is insult "cocroach titte"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And yes, some of Kant ideas are disputable, and some - not. for example:

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.

If man makes himself a worm he must not complain when he is trodden on.

It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy.

Even philosophers will praise war as ennobling mankind, forgetting the Greek who said: 'War is bad in that it begets more evil than it kills.'

Religion is the recognition of all our duties as divine commands.

Out of timber so crooked as that from which man is made nothing entirely straight can be carved".

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quo...#7BY50CojM1T1bE90.99

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
Strange, I don't find his humor at all difficult to understand. And I thank it is a sign of his good sense of humor, that he finds the "human condition" a funny joke
God has played on this Earth.

Until my Russian gets better than his English is, I'll work a little to fully understand his posts. To me, it is worth the effort. They are often very funny indeed, if one has the breadth of intellect and word associations to "get" them.

But if one is built low in terms of intellect or word association capabilities, those humour shots may go right over their heads.

In that case, they should probably continue to lie low and quiet, read, and learn. Then the internet public won't know about their "problems with understanding humour". And they won't appear rude buffoons to visitors.

Haven't read Kant, but it's obvious they were having a dispute over something he wrote. Us Germans know how to antagonize people. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote