THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    My Retirement - An Inspirational Story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Retirement - An Inspirational Story
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted
What a contemptible scoundrel!

The next time you think it is too late for you to make a difference in the world please remember this story. As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Schlumberg is such a person:

THIS IS QUOTED FROM HAROLD:

"I've often been asked, 'What do you do now that you're retired?' Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

…an inspiration to us all.

Posts: 1085 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chemical engineering degree huh...
That may leave a lot of folks out without anything to do. Would 50 years of OJT count?

By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party.

Posts: 44 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
It doesn't take an engineering degree to match his accomplishments. Big Grin

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
rotflmo +1 tu2

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I am glad that he put his knowledge to work! What a trooper!How many tax dollars were saved due to his thoughtless,unselfish efforts to instruct us,the public.If funded ,then most likely the best one this year.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could get the Fed to pay each of us for our efforts in doing the research for this community project?
pissers

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Maybe we could get the Fed to pay each of us for our efforts in doing the research for this community project?
pissers

Maybe they will subsidize my Jim Beam habit. Wait, with government money I could be drinking Single Malt Scotch. Big Grin

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote