New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humanity is lost to us.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
God help us these people vote.......and breed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloga...ith-in-humanity?bffb

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have met some of those people they exist shocker

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is they don't know what a "vote" is.

Unfortunately it is easier to breed than it is to vote. I think that is why there are more morons now than there were fifty years ago.

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess is they don't know what a "vote" is.

But I bet ballots are cast in their names anyway. All straight-ticket democrat, of course.

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I believe it.The nation is full of idiots. When my eldest son went into basic in the early 90's he wrote home that there were guys who could not tie their shoes + had never seen a pencil,etc.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
When my daughter reached kindergarten age, we sent her to the public school in our town.

At five, she could read proficiently, could figure out words she hadn't seen before by using the basic phonics taught by her mother and I. She could add and subtract, knew most of the multiplication tables up to 12 X 12, and had a working knowledge of division.

After the first week, she didn't want to go back to school. She said she didn't like it, because the teacher wouldn't LET her do the things she already knew how to do, because some of the other students didn't know how to do them.

We convinced her that going back would be good anyway.

At the end of the second week, she was in tears. She didn't really know how to articulate her frustration, but we finally got it out of her.

The majority of the children in her class, at 5 and 6 years old, not only could not read a single word, but did not even know the alphabet. Many did not know the names of the primary colors. When asked their names, some had replied with "Boo-Boo", "Mookie", or various other ethnically-identifiable nicknames. When the teacher said that she did not want their nicknames, but their actual names, the children DID NOT KNOW THEIR OWN NAMES!!!!

My daughter never spent another day in that school. Her mother and I sacrificed for, and her grandparents helped us pay for, 13 years of private school, where education entailed more than attendance.

NO COMPROMISE !!!

"YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT! EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, most of the blame belongs on parents, not educators. Parents and educators used to be a very effective tag-team keeping kids in line and engaged. Not anymore. My daughter quit teaching recently. She quit because parents put in no effort to educate their children at home in the three R's, or common manners and courtesy; and provided no discipline. The answer parents most often gave her when their kids were a problem was, "that's your problem". I think a large minority of parents are simply lazy parents. That's why there are so many parents claiming their children have ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), a mental disorder, and doping their kids with Ritalin and similar drugs. It's easier for the parents to give them drugs rather than spend time with their kids educating them.

Congratulations on not being one of "those" parents.

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Got that right! Actually, it is usually the parents with ADHD, who can't focus on providing a nurturing environment for their kids.

Don't worry, guys, the Govm't will take care of this problem too....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I blame all these safety regulations and warning labels.

In years past the breeding pool tended to clean out the lower end of the gene pool though natural selection.

At lease we have way more high powered recreational toys that are trying there best to catch up to the backlog.

beer

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
From Kensco:
quote:
........the blame belongs on parents, not educators.

Agreed, 100%. Sorry if my post made it seem as if I was saying otherwise.

NO COMPROMISE !!!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I believe it.The nation is full of idiots. When my eldest son went into basic in the early 90's he wrote home that there were guys who could not tie their shoes + had never seen a pencil,etc.

I have three sons, with the two older ones being 6 an 7 (11 months apart). Their Sunday school is experiencing a teacher shortage, so they decided to move the young to the "Toddler's" class, and the older to the "Pre-Teen's" class. We raised a stink, and finally got the 6 year old into the pre-teen class. I talked to the teacher afterwards to see how it went. He told me my kids were reading better than children 3 years older, and that they were both well behaved. Home schooling is paying off for us, even if it is a ton of work and big sacrifice.