THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Military story of the year, well sort of
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military story of the year, well sort of
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Military story of the year

A US Air Force C-130 was scheduled to leave Thule Air Base Greenland at midnight.
During the pilot's preflight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still
full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base and an airman who was off
duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the aircraft only to
find that the latrine pump truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must
find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time He returns to the aircraft
and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the
pumping deliberately and carefully so as not to risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and
performance has caused this flight to be late and I'm going to personally see to it
that you are not just reprimanded but puni shed.

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, stands up tall and says,
"Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force.
I've been in Thule , Greenland , for 11 months without any leave, and reindeer's asses are
beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's two-thirty in the morning,
the temperature is 40 degrees below zero, and my job here is to pump shit out of an
aircraft. Now, just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?"

Wherever you go, there you are!

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry fla3006, I gotta say it!
That's a shitty job!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I work in a cubicle, but my attitude is the same.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote