Find
Notify
Tools

Where's is Canada?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted
While in a weekend life insurance class yesterday we were going over the difference in domestic, foreign, and Alien insurance companies. This one girl that was 18 had no clue where Canadawas.
18 years old and no clue.

By the way this is a true happening.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well.... where is it?

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bllhilly- you made me laugh!!! Thanks. Jarrod Don't worry lots of people dont' know their geography.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps she pronounces it Ca Na Da, and just did not understand you. I would have screwed her anyway.

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
bllhilly- you made me laugh!!! Thanks. Jarrod Don't worry lots of people dont' know their geography.

the chef

I dont claim to be able to take a blank map of the world and write in exactly where every country is but I thought anyone from the U.S. should know where Canada is. It was hilarious though.

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:
Perhaps she pronounces it Ca Na Da, and just did not understand you. I would have screwed her anyway.

Well she didnt have much going for her in the looks department either.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
quote:
Originally posted by Ole Miss Guy:

Well she didnt have much going for her in the looks department either.

Yes... It's not sooooo bad when ugly people are stupid!

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
It's trying to laugh but remembering that during the Sandinista/Contra unpleasantness (remember the Soveit empire, El Salvadore and Guatemala wobbling, Cuban soldiers in Grenada and Nicaragua) a poll was taken in the US that was often quoted by the media. Seems about %60 of those who responded thought nothing that could happen in Central America could be worth sending US troops there. The thing is, the poll really wasn't about sending troops. Buried on page two was the real question. What continent is Nicaragua on? About %60 answered incorrectly. Many didn't know which hemisphere it was in. It was easier to think what happened in Cental America didn't matter to you if you didn't know the millions of potential boat people wouldn't need a boat. killpc

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Our ditzy but hot blonde receptionist was trying to find New England on a wall map.
I showed her New Hampshire,Maine,Vermont ect.
She said that wasn't even close cos none of those States said New England.
It's still fun looking down her shirt. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is somewhere north of Dallas and the Cabela's store in Nebraska....

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collins-Is that avatar of yours our recently deceased anti-hunting aussie buddy,Steve (the stingray whisperer) Erwin.

Crikey- I think it is!

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is nothing outside of the 50 states, did you not know that? places like canada, england, austrailia, germany etc etc are all just made up.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul from nz:
there is nothing outside of the 50 states, did you not know that? places like canada, england, austrailia, germany etc etc are all just made up.

Does that include the 1969 landing on the moon, too? Rumour has it that whole deal was "cooked" by the speical effects guys at CBS New York Studios........

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote