New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Politics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 2025 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True that + I am guilty as well.I have lost the lust of voting against someone in lieu of voting for them.WTF!" These are the times that try men's souls; + baby,these are the times."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, to be honest, if it's either A or B, not much choice. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I register to vote permanent absentee because I travel a lot. I vote in every election not because I like any particular candidate but because I hate so many.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Australia it is mandatory to vote and you get fined for not doing so.

On a local, state and federal level.

And we still have idiots in charge......

DRSS

Posts: 1910 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Not to twist the knife mate,but you have also had some outrageous gun laws + confiscations in your country as well, due to the same government.Am I correct?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote