they need to HATE the people who
are PAYING for the free shit by the
people who are forcing the people
who are PAYING for the free shit
and GIVING them the free shit in
the first place.

And - - - - that's the straight shit!

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
tu2 patriot Great Post.Thanks.

Posts: 2037 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
And - - - - that's the straight shit!

Yeh, and the part that REALLY pisses me off is that we are BORROWING the money to give free shit to folks in other countries who hate us!!!

...Not to mention letting them kill our kids who try to save their unworthy asses.

I still think we should ABSOLUTELY END EVERY DIME OF FOREGN AID, Yesterday if not sooner.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 .... definitely

I still think we should ABSOLUTELY END EVERY DIME OF FOREGN AID, Yesterday if not sooner.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the sentiment about foreign aid, but the amount is minuscle.
During the Eisenhower administration, entitlements were about 20% of the federal budget. This year, they exceed 65%. THAT is the problem. Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
The donut is made up of lots of little pieces.

Foreign aid is just the first one I would get rid of.

As to entitlements, lots of younger ignoramuses are calling Social Security an entitlement...as if we didn't each pay for it every damned paycheck of our lives, for our whole lives. It would have earned plenty to support itself if the MFs in Congress hadn't "borrowed" it all years ago to spend on their idiot social programs.

Had they limited their do-gooders' bull crap to what the general revenue fund could have actually paid for as they went, instead of saving every wooly grub and bat eared worm in nature, fighting a zillion little wars that were (and are) none of our "f-ing" business, and so on, we'd be okay. But no, they had to use our trust funds to buy votes so they can continue to get almost $200,000 per year plus almost unlimited expense accounts for dreaming up more programs for buying more votes next election.

Where is the French revolution and the guillotine (allegorically, not literally) when we need one? We have a whole damned government full of Marie Antoinettes and her "Let them eat cake" attitude.

My second step would be to put HEAVY duties on every single manufactured thing bought from outside the U.S....basically to force corporations to make ALL the things we need here, in factories of OURS. The aim would be to make it cheaper to employ Americans and buy at home. That would solve the employment problem, and the lack of tax revenue problems both. Plus in times of hostilities, it wouldn't leave us dependant on other countries' "maybe" friendship.

I know, this isn't the political forum, so I'll shut up.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quit makin sense Big Grin

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first step might be knocking off the touchy-feely terms: Return to calling "entitlements" charity and "undocumented aliens" criminals.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
revolution? guillotine?...hhhmmm...

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote