New
Find
Notify
Tools

Understanding women
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When you think that you finally start understanding a woman...

Here comes a new model!

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good advice, but I haven't started understanding the one I've had for a little over 27 years yet.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
good advice, but I haven't started understanding the one I've had for a little over 27 years yet.

Try a new model, then... Big Grin

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Announcement: Due to the onset of cold weather change wife for felt boots

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Philip A.:
quote:

Try a new model, then... Big Grin

Isn't worth half of all a fellow owns.

Posts: 19603 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
When they get too worn out you can always get them re-bushed.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting re-bushed on both top and bottom?

Posts: 2669 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought de-bushed looked cleaner.........

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
All I know you should never ask one if she is alright...since she never is - you should always ask - "is it any better?"

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
When they get too worn out you can always get them re-bushed.

Let's leave George out of this, not everything is his fault. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try understanding this conversation. The other day I mentioned to my wife that I want to upgrade my Krieghoff K80 Standard grade gun to a Parcours Special. When she asked what the cost would be, she was incredulous. "That's a ridiculous amount of money for a shotgun." Later in the day I found a woman's magazine in her office with an ad for a Tiffany diamond necklace. I told her I thought the price for the necklace-- which was more than the shotgun-- was ridiculous. She said she thought it was a perfectly fair price and that obviously I didn't "understand" diamonds.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
As they say,there are 8 different strategies for understanding women.

None of them work.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWL:
Try understanding this conversation. The other day I mentioned to my wife that I want to upgrade my Krieghoff K80 Standard grade gun to a Parcours Special. When she asked what the cost would be, she was incredulous. "That's a ridiculous amount of money for a shotgun." Later in the day I found a woman's magazine in her office with an ad for a Tiffany diamond necklace. I told her I thought the price for the necklace-- which was more than the shotgun-- was ridiculous. She said she thought it was a perfectly fair price and that obviously I didn't "understand" diamonds.

So did you let it drop or is she still mad at you? Smiler

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no understanding women. While I will be flamed if any women read this, their brain is obviously wired differently as a result of hormones. Now they could say the same thing about us, but at least our hormones are consistent.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
There is no understanding women. While I will be flamed if any women read this, their brain is obviously wired differently as a result of hormones. Now they could say the same thing about us, but at least our hormones are consistent.

Not according to my wife. She says men just have a longer cycle.

Most men marry a woman they can live with. I married the one I couldn't live without. She says she married me because I would take her hunting. This just might work out, time will tell it's only been 46 years this month.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phillip A.,

the trade-in seldom has much value...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phillip A.,

Normally it ends up costing you a lot more.

Posts: 19603 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Phillip A.,

You don't trade-in, you add to the garage.

But you live in the wrong place for that... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are absolutely right. Right now, trying to buy a used Starex, and I have not yet met one honest variant.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:

Not according to my wife. She says men just have a longer cycle.

Most men marry a woman they can live with. I married the one I couldn't live without. She says she married me because I would take her hunting. This just might work out, time will tell it's only been 46 years this month.

Mine married me cause I was the first guy who was nice to her horse. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
One does not change horses in the middle of the stream no matter what the perceived trouble might be.Everyone in their life has dealt(or not) with a failed relationship;these things happen with being human.Also that is the quirk that has allowed the human race to continue.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote