Find
Notify
Tools

Good Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Back in the 60's we had a program called Rowan + Martin' comedy hour. One particular skit was about a young girl tied to the mainmast while vile pirates are prancing about poking + prodding her + all the the time saying things like "Arr'etc." Our damsel gains courage + says " You'll not be so bold when the queen's navy arrives"!! The mate says "Har Lady ,we are the queen's navy." Guess you had to been there.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry'I should read my posts before sending.It was Rowan + Martin's "Laugh In" not comedy hour although we had our share of them as well.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a time when you would miss a meal before you would miss Laugh-In.

Posts: 13813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sock it to me Judy. If you remember this you are getting old.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put that in your Funk And Wagnall and smoke it!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For years Tyrone F. Horneigh (pronounced "hor-NIGH" though there are other possibilities) has been pursuing Gladys Ormphby (Ruth Buzzy) on the late 60s early 70s classic sketch comedy show Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. He would sit on the park bench next to her and ask "Do you believe in the here after?" When she replied "Yes" he would say "then you know what I'm here after!"

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Veerrrrrrrryyyyyy Interesting but (Cute comment on the preceding skit)

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always liked Jo Anne Worley as much as Judy Carne for some reason.

Watched an old episode a few years ago, and wondered what in the world I saw in that show. I guess you had to have been there at the time, to have it make any sense.

Posts: 13813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always liked Jo Anne Worley as much as Judy Carne for some reason.

I liked Goldie Hawn & still do.
SOCK IT TO ME BABY!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EVERYONE watched that show. A good indacator was the next days "watercooler conference" was always,did you see laugh in last night?

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I used to really enjoy watching Laugh-In and All In The Family. The jokes were so, so funny. Then a couple of years ago I decided to look up a few funny shows and episodes from about forty years ago. I was shocked. Nothing they said or did was funny. All of the humor was so dated that it either didn't make sense or it fell flat.

I wonder what people will think of our senses of humor forty years from today.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And my favorite was the Smothers Brothers. When Tommy did a frog routine with Eartha Kitt I believe he kept saying ribbett,ribbett,+ want'ed to say frig it,frig it. The network shut him down.So the next week he did a pirate boarding scene when (as he sneered at the camera)now I can say frigate all I want.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Grenadier, I bought the complete box set of the Avengers a few years back with the real Emma Peel.Although I loved it back in the 60's,it was kind of dated,now. However I also bought the complete "Get Smart" box set + although it was cold war dated material,007,etc. It was + is still funny. Mel Brooks is great.

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites was "The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan. Kind of abstract but it really made sense in the late 1960's.
I also loved the movie "Dr. Strangelove" when it came out @ 1964 or so. I saw it again a few years ago and boy, was it a total dud.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote