New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumbya and the Queen
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
George W. Bush meets with the Queen of England.
He asks her, "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government?
Are there any tips you can give to me?"

"Well," says the Queen, "the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."

Bush frowns. "But how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"

The Queen takes a sip of tea. "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle."
The Queen then puses a button on her intercom. "Please send Tony Blair in here right away."

Tony Blair walks into the room and says, "Yes, your Majesty."

The Queen smiles, "Answer me this, please, Tony. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?"

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answers, "That would be me."

"Yes! Very good," says the Queen.

Back at the White House, Bush asks to speak with Attorney General John Ashcroft. "John, answer this for me. Your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and its' not your sister. Who is it?"

"I'm not sure," says Ashcroft. "Let me get back to you on that one."

John Ashcrost goes to his advisors and asks everyone, but none can give him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.

Ashcroft shouts, "Hey Colin, can you answer a question for me?"

Powell calls out, "Sure. What do you want to know?"

John Ashcroft shouts, "Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"

"That's easy. It's me!" says Colin.

John Ashcroft smiles and thanks Colin Powell.

Ashcroft then goes back to the Oval Office to speak with Bush. He proudly says, "Mr. President, I did some research and I have the answer to your question. It's Colin Powell."

Bush gets up, stoms over to John Ashcroft, and angrily yells, "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy:

Knowing your reputation it pains me to admit that you made me laugh. I intend to deny that I ever heard this joke and certainly I'll never repeat it. (OK, maybe to very trusted operatives who I will have to kill afterwards)

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a reputation? Well, you can retell it and just change the names a little -- I won't tell.

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon, Judy. This is so unrealistic -- do you really think that W. could remember Tony Blair's name that long?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy:

Your "reputation" is that word has reached us undercover ops that you won't vote for Bush this year. However, in an example of "compassionate conservatism" I have omitted your name from my report to Attorney General Ashcroft. Just try and see that you stop telling funny jokes about Republican presidents in future!

one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon, Judy. This is so unrealistic -- do you really think that W. could remember Tony Blair's name that long?

Damn. Good point!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy:

Your "reputation" is that word has reached us undercover ops that you won't vote for Bush this year. However, in an example of "compassionate conservatism" I have omitted your name from my report to Attorney General Ashcroft. Just try and see that you stop telling funny jokes about Republican presidents in future!

--------------------
Gerald McMorrow
================
Dude! I think you just blew your cover! Thanks for keeping me offen your list, but, next time you see Rummy -- you tell him I said to go f**k himself! There, I feel so much better!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Judy:

But what if Kerry loses? Don't you want me to put in a good word for you with SECDOD ("Don" to us insiders) "Don, she does have a sense of humor and we all know how rare that is in a woman". You don't want to spend four more years howling in the wilderness, do you? (Hillary just ain't gonna get the 2008 nomination. Trust me)