Find
Notify
Tools

Not really funny...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We fueled up my wife's Jetta diesel in St Louis a week ago. It was $2.14-9

We fueled up four days later here outside of Boise. It was $299-9.

Figure that one out...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just returned to Arkansas after spending the last month and a half traveling to Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho,(with side trip to Oregon and back) Montana, to California (via Nevada), Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

We paid as high as $3.62 for regular gas in California, and saw it selling for $4.99 ($5.49 for premium) at the last station before Needles, Ca.

Yesterday I paid $2.07 at Walmart in Texarkana, Ark.

It's unreal the variation in fuel prices across the country.

Posts: 69 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
It's $6.00 a gallon here on lake Iliamna,, Iwill haul it to to you $7.00.. Cheap when you consider the past options!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
One of the biggest reasons for the wide difference in prices is taxes. Some areas have low state, county, and municipal gasoline taxes. Others have high state, county, and municipal taxes.

Look here for the state rates: http://www.gasbuddy.com/Data/USTaxInfo but remember county and municipal taxes are added in most areas.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is gonna hurt your feelings, but I just filled up in Summerville, SC for $1.94.9 per gallon for Regular.

www.aement.com
Home of AccuLoad and LoadTech

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oil is at a record low, yet gas is at an all time high. Go figure. Gotta love the convoluted reasoning for that. Confused

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$1.94.9 per gallon

Come to Moscow! About $1.70.9 per gallon

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gas is $0.05 per gallon in Venezuela. If they raise the price of beer in Venezuela, no one gives a shit. If they tried to raise the price of gas from $.05 to $.07 a gallon, Caracas would be on fire and you would have 500 people killed in riots.

Posts: 13812 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kensco,

the only problem with that, is that you have to live there...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Refinery in Indiana was down for awhile, I guess they were back on at noon today. Should help gas prices and hurt corn price.

Posts: 3462 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
In Tucson, gasoline prices apparently are based on demographics of the immediate vicinity. When we drive to the airport, we pass six Circle K markets, and each has a different price posted for its gas. The best buys are in low-income areas.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
coffee $1.99 Here In N.E. OK. This Morning.Will Not Last Long, Base Price Is On The Rise Already Today.

Posts: 2027 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"... the best prices were in the low-income areas..."
That's strange 'cause they usually get robbed the most. Or burned.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you sometimes have to lower the prices if you take food stamps...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
COME TO SEATTLE, IT'S $3.35.

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, here it's 1.09, of course that's for a liter. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wapiti22:
COME TO SEATTLE, IT'S $3.35.
That's the trade-off for your state not having any income tax.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
God I miss the gas wars of the early 60's,.18 cents per gallon,etc.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Yes, but remember what happened in 1973? I was working as a gas jockey at a Mobil station in Los Angeles that year. Gas suddenly became scarce and we had to limit purchasers first to 10 gallons and then to 5 gallons per customer per day. Long lines formed and went for blocks. It got so bad that we would run out of fuel early in the day. When that happened we had to close because people would line up anyway and get angry when we told them we were out. Then the price actually went over $1.00 per gallon! That caused a problem because the marquee, the signs, and the pumps were all set up for XX x/10 cents per gallon. The marquee and signs had placards we could replace for any of those numbers but there was no place to add a dollar, nowhere to place or hang the placard. The gas pumps also had to be altered. We were selling gas for 99.9 cents for a little while till we got a new marquee and everything got changed over. Then it was pure madness. Some people wouldn't stop pumping at the limit so we would turn the pump off on them and wouldn't reset it till they left. Some people would go back in line and try to get more gas and would become angry when we reminded them of the limit (they already knew it). Some people tried to take gas anyway. Many people swore at me and some became belligerent. Occasionally, one would threaten me. I had to send several off the lot while holding a baseball bat in my hands. No, I think things are better now.

1973 marked the end of gas pumps and signs like these:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be okay to pay the current $2.80 a gallon for gas if it was Sunoco 360...