Find
Notify
Tools

Chicken
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GroundsKpr
posted
So...I'm driving down this old country road when I see a chicken in front of me on the road. He sees my car and goes to the ditch. As I pass him he starts running along side of the road...as fast as the car. I speed up to 50..he speeds up. I speed up to 60..so does he, then 60...him too. Then suddenly he darts into a driveway. I stop back up and turn into the same driveway. There working the lawn are 100's of 3 legged chickens. Old guy walks up to the car and says "can I help ya mister"? Ya. It looks like all your chickens have 3 legs. They do he says. See Maw my boy and I all like a chicken leg for Sunday dinner and instead of killin 2 chicken every Sunday I bread these 3 leg ones. Wow I says. That's great a real example of American ingenuity. Congratulations on your success..... But I have one question.....How do they taste?
Don't know says the farmer. Never been able to catch one.

They say the older you get the wiser you get---Trust me it's easier to get older.

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Yep!

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True story here. Years ago we had a lot of chickens, guinea fowl, + Muscovy ducks here on the place. Anyway, we had this really obnoxious rooster (big surprise) that had taken a hateful attitude to this young drake, to the tune that he pecked out one of his eyes. The drake never forgot + when he grew up he would chase that rooster until he caught him (ducks have more stamina than chickens. Chickens are fast but can't maintain it for long). Then the drake would mount him + screw away to his heart's content. That rooster became a nut case, always looking everywhere at once, started molting, + was generally a mess while awaiting his daily insult. (in front of the hens too). He stopped getting any himself, as the mounter, I mean.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo