New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staying Positive
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As you get older, you have to stay positive. For example, just the other day I fell down the stairs..........instead of getting upset, I just thought, "Wow, that's the fastest I've moved in years".

Posts: 13877 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Big Grin That is funny Ken. I will add on a more serious note concerning attitude that years ago just when it seemed I was getting a bit ahead some emergency would come up + would be pissed + I would have to spend the saved money. Then I readjusted my thinking to that of it's a damn blessing that the money was here when I needed it. Same situation; a different attitude.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Attitude is what it's all about. tu2 Not long ago I was cleaning the spa near the pool and got too close to the edge, not realizing that I was that close. I stepped back and fell in and it was COLD! All I could do was laugh at myself as I struggled out cold and wet, and thanking the good Lord that I didn't knock myself out and drown! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Dad: "How'd you do on that history exam, son?"
Son: "I think I failed it, pa."
Dad: "Now be a little more positive about things!"
Son: "Okay, Dad, I'm positive I flunked it!"

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As we get older it's not "if" you fall down, it's "when" you fall down.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
beer Not So Much The Fall But How High And What You Land On. Speaking From Life's Lessons.

Posts: 2038 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Let us NEVER forget the get up again part.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote