Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay and Paypal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted
I used to think a lot of ebay and paypal, but I swear they've got to be about the most inept company on the web as often as they keep asking me to fix and/or update my login information or they'll have to disable my account.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you respond?
Are you a phish with a hook in your mouth?

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I too keep getting 'Phishing' Emails from Paypal....INC.

roflmao roflmao

Mr.Poletax,please enter your credit card number to verifie your account.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
True, and amazon.com seems to use the same consulting firm... Big Grin

/Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
My favorite has to be the "Global European Internet Lottery Association" or whatever.

This email was randomly selected for this week's grand prize of the $800,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollar lottery held weekly, and your 200th place consolation prize comes out to $500,000 US dollars.

Please send us your bank account routing information for the account you'd like us to deposit this money into.

That's almost as good as Car lots around here advertising: "If we can't beat any competitor's price on the same car by $100 - we'll give it to you for free."

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ben, give them the account number for an IRS account and watch the fun!! clap derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
That would actually be a good reply to one of those ...

"Thanks for telling me I won something. Tell you guys what, just donate my winnings straight to the IRS - they're going to take it anyway."

=================================

I've actually done that in the past, when I get a letter from Jimbob in Swahilii or somewhere saying his poor dead Uncle died evading the corrupt Nigerian government or something and now he and his family need the help of an honest American to smuggle, errr. relocate their money out of a sealed bank somewhere in Africa and if I can help them, they'll wire me like 80,000,000 American and I get to keep $10,000,000 or something out of it.

I sent one back one time that what happens in January when the IRS comes by and wants to tax me 40% on that deposit of 80,000,000 they saw go into one of my accounts and I can only cough up 10,000,000 towards it?

==============================

Another one one time I replied to that was offering something like 30% or 40%, I said something to the effect of I wouldn't aid terrorists trying to smuggle arms money into my country and who in their right mind that was willing to smuggle that kind of money wouldn't be willing to just off a stranger to keep the other 25,000,000 free and clear, and pocket a new US identity to boot.

========================================

Yet a third one I replied to once sent me a very sorrow filled letter about some priest that had died on missionary mission to Africa or something with no heirs, and how God had placed a burden upon the laywer's heart to reform and find an honest Christian to give the money to.

I sent him back a letter wishing him good luck in his search for an honest Christian.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, I never got phishing emails, solicitations from Nigerian swindlers, etc. until I registered on AR, makes me wonder.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
I got several notices from banks that I didn't know I had an account there. I guess Paypal and Ebay are not alone at being inept.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see some fake IRS notices.
"You have been selected to be audited.."

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I had in mind is the fun that would ensue if those clowns tried to steal from the worst crooks in America,the IRS. And if they succedded, they would really rue the day! Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Deep Space Hunter
posted Hide Post
Yeah, The Goverment doesnt like competition.

Posts: 171 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote