THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    Marines answer to gun control!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marines answer to gun control!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is hilarious, I wonder if it really happened.

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws, you gotta love this!!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time..

Here is a portion of the National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald, who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

General Reinwald: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

General REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what if it isn't true, this IS the humor forum not the truth forum.

Come to think about it, I don't think there is a Truth Forum on this site!

But then I can assure you Ferd man I will use it on any occasion it can be properly applied.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a great story, and I like the logic, but unfortunately, it's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm

Posts: 276 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
True or not, 5 stars none the less!

Posts: 2404 | Location: A Blue State | Registered: 28 September 2002Reply With Quote